Possible Betrayal

"Yeah, let them pass." Tommy ordered and off he went. "All right, you tell Darby Sabini from me that if the Italians win, they are not planning on leaving. And after me it will be him and then you." Tommy leaned intimidatingly onto his desk. "Then the Titanic. And the fucking mafia, Alfie. They've come here, can't believe our coppers are unarmed. They're going to steal their liquor and it's against the law. They've come here and they like what they see. They're coming and they're here to stay."

~~~

"Mr. Shelby, I've come to talk purse for the fight." Step-by-step approached the grey haired man us, his strong son following.

"Your kestrel, huh?" Alfie pointed at the other Gypsy with his wooden cane. "Tommy, when a pikey walks in with hair like that, you've got to ask yourself, have I made a mistake?"

"Who the fuck are you?" Aberama instantly replied, offended by the Jewish gangster next to me.

"Who the fuck am I?" The question was backfired to the Gold family.

"Who the fuck is this?" This time the question was targeted at me because my lover didn't answer and the bickering made me chuckle.

"I, my friend, I am the uncle, the protector and the promoter of that fucking thing right there, in whose shadow nothing good nor godly will ever fucking grow." Alfie held his cane higher up so he could shove the two heathens out of his way to show the giant behind them.

"Here we go again." I whispered under my breath and Tommy scoffed jokingly at my comment while I sat onto his desk.

"That there, right, is the Southern Counties Welterweight Champion. He is on mixed religion therefore he is godless. He was adopted by Satan himself before he was returned out of fear of his awkwardness." I tried so hard to suppress a laughter and not to embarrass Alfie, but his exaggeration skills were amazing. My guy really loved promoting someone. "But he's impossible to marry off due to his lethal dimensions. His mother, terrified, just fucking abandoned him. And there he is, stood before you, like the first of some brand new fucking species!" His voice had become a bit louder and silence surrounded us for a short moment. "Any man that you put before him, right, would be like entering a fucking threshing machine, mate? Now, will you offer your son?" He finished.

"Name the day, Mr. Shelby." Bonnie appeared to be hyped up by the story the gangster had told them and Tommy stared at me in disbelief. I quickly replied with a shrug and then he nodded.

"Rio? Take Mr. Solomons with you and go back to the house in Small Heath.... I need to discuss something with you later." Tommy ignored the young man for a second and I nodded, taking Alfie with me so the both of us disappeared out of the building so that the small group could do their thing.

We were soon back at where Alfie's car was located and where the house would be and unobtrusively we walked next to each other hand in hand. With my right hand I turned the key around in the keyhole and pushed open the dusty black door to get inside for real this time. "Want something to drink?"

"I'm good... rather want to be a little physical with you, if you don't mind." He said, his voice lower than normal. Almost like stones grinding against each other. I closed my eyes, grinning and nodding, as his index finger trailed alongside my jaw then stopped at my chin to lift it up and I carefully opened my eyes again to look him in the eyes. "You know how long it takes for Tommy to reach the house?"

"Not exactly, but we can take the guess and just lock the door for our safety and his as well..." I rested my flat hand palms on his torso, tapping his muscles lightly.

~~~

A loud knock on the front door was echoing through the thin walls of the house and I jumped up from the sofa to open it, letting my cousin into the hallway. "We need to talk about something very crucial." Tommy instantly began bringing up the important issues and I didn't even have the change to offer him any drink or food. Instead we both immediately sat down around the dining table, my hands folded together and me listening to him very closely.

"Go ahead." My words were strengthened by the signs I made with my hands and Tommy nodded.

"About Mr. Changretta. You told me what is happening between the two of you-..."

"Hold up! 'You told me what is happening between the two of you...' what's that supposed to mean?" Alfie interrupted, shouting from the living room and I bursted out in laughter.

"A little jealous?" I teasingly yelled back.

"I'm not jealous. Fine... perhaps a bit...." Alfie lowered his voice with each word, approaching us from the other side of the house and I pushed a chair back with my foot so he could sit with us.

"It's nothing, Mr. Solomons... Rioney works together with Changretta in order to gain information for us. However, I still haven't received much from her." His judgmental blue eyes glared me up and down and he raised one eyebrow at me, trying to accuse me of the fact I perhaps wasn't on his side. I never felt this kind of pain. I was being accused by my own fucking cousin. Why? Because I'm with fucking Alfie who betrayed him a few times.... first of all, I'm my own person and would never take over someone's traits and second of all, I would never betray my family.... no matter if they are good or bad. "Same with Alfie, I need to know which side you are on."

"In all honesty, Tommy, I feel hurt. I've always been on your side, I even turned my back to Alfie because I was more loyal to my family... to you... and you dare to come in here and accuse me of possible betrayal?" I stated calmly, locking all my emotions away not to bring the present me into the conversation who would be angry, but the former me who would stay controlled. That didn't mean I wasn't mad. I was like burning fire. Tommy stood up carefully, somewhere regret visible in his eyes, but I didn't care at all. "When you're going to visit Michael and are done with whatever your business is there... Luca will follow you when you leave and he will come for your head, so be prepared." I hissed through my teeth, showing him the door afterwards. "Have a good day, Tommy." I spoke one last time before I slammed the door shut in front of his face.