He's A Devil

"Than you ar-.."

"Probably your sister." I smiled at his face and nodded.

"My names Michael."

"I know, mine is Rioney."

He grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me back and forth. His eyes lit up and stared with full happiness at me. I stepped foot inside of the tiny but cozy house and Michael closed the door softly behind us. I saw my mother sit behind a table and looked at both of us.

~~~

"RUN FOR THE HILLS! IT'S THE DIGBETH KID!"

Michael had sat down on the chair next to my mother and looked shocked when Arthur and John kicked open the door.

"Get out of town or I will shoot your fucking head off!"

"Times up!" Arthur imitated a gun firing and John stepped out of his role staring at Michael and me.

"You're dead. Go down. John!"

"I never thought grown men could play little boys games. Seems like your aren't that grown up after all. Right? Aye, little nephews of me."

"Oh Rioney shut up."

Arthur smiled at me while suddenly realizing Michael was in the house. Michael had jumped up out of shock and slowly Tommy stepped towards us. John and Arthur had returned their guns to where they should have been and rubbed the back of their necks, clearly embarrassed of what they had done in front of an unknown yet familiar person.

"All right then, Polly. Who's this?"

"Gentlemen? This is your cousin. Polly's son, Michael."

Arthur closed his eyes and noticed his mistake. His mouth fell open as well as John his mouth. I couldn't help, but laugh at the two fools and their faces. Though, Michael tried to lighten up the mood and stepped forward to lift his hand. Arthur took it and shook Michael's hand before Michael leaned over the table to shake John's hand as well.

"Pleased to meet you."

"Sure."

"I'm Arthur. You've met me. I used to throw you out of the window so John could catch you."

"I used to put you in a shoe box and kick you down Watery Lane."

"I bet you're glad to be back." Michael turned around and faced Tommy, laughing and answering to Tommy's sarcastic comment.

"I don't remember any of it. All I remember is the day they took me away."

Hearing that, my mother hurriedly walked towards my brother, cupping his cheeks as she did so. They locked gazes till she pulled him into a tight hug. John and Arthur looked at me like they took a bigger liking towards my coldness than all the emotions and found themselves rather uncomfortable into the room with my brother. I placed my finger before my mouth, shaking my head as I did so. Not wanting to make them a comment about my work or life style.

"Well you're here now, son. Welcome to the Shelby family-.."

Arthur stared at me and had cut off Tommy. "Later we'll show you the ropes."

"Yeah we'll show you what's what."

Tommy shook his head slightly, removing his hand from Michael's shoulder as he took a few steps back. I on the other hand had lost the interest and started to look around the place. It wasn't that wrong. Sure, it had a lack of silent and the lock of the door was to easy for lock pickers or thiefs like me, but it looked pretty beautiful from the inside.