Never Lose Sight

"Fabergé is not part of the deal. We would not offer you Fabergé eggs."

"Mr. Romanov, my jeweler here, he advises me to insists on Fabergé."

"It's a deal breaker, Tommy." To our surprise Tatiana had rose to her feet and mysteriously walked up to one of the boxes behind her. Slowly she opened it and carefully grabbed beautiful detailed Fabergé.

"Oh, hell..."

~~~

When we had the suitcase full, we had drove away from the insane household and went on to Birmingham, leaving Alfie alone with him driving back to London. I would soon give him a visit again, but for now too much had to be done back in Small Heath. We had reinforcements of veterans and had explained the plan, hoping it would all be clear so they could dig to the big treasury of the Russians. Though, today, we had a big celebration to deal with and all dressed up, we, as whole family, had made a photo before walking into our new business, Grace Shelby Institute For Orphaned Children. Stepping foot inside among my brother we had took our seat.

"Welcome to the opening.... of the Grace Shelby Institute for the non-insured children of the poor. I would very much like you to join me in thanking the man that made the founding of this establishment actually possible. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Thomas Shelby."

With joy the crowd started to cheer and applause for Thomas who stood up with his kid in his arms. Meanwhile, I and Michael laughed at each other when we heard Arthur scream from the background.

"SPEECH!! COME ONE SPEECH!! SAY IT TO 'EM, TOM, SAY IT!"

Tommy handed Charles over to my niece, his sister, Ada, making his way to the lectern in the middle of the slightly upper ground he was now standing on.

"LAY THE FOUNDATION!" John yelled at him after Arthur was done.

"Um, I didn't come here today to make a speech, but I will say this. These children are now safe. In our care, they will be safe. Because we are from the same cold streets as they are. And in our care, they won't be shipped away to the colonies. Or separated from kin. Or made to work for men in their various way. They will grow up here. At home. Loved." I glared up at Michael as he looked disturbed and hurt behind his serious face expression. "In Birmingham. Because this is our city. By the order of the Peaky Blinders."

"By the order of the Peaky Blinders." Arthur confirmed as I still hadn't switched my attention from Michael, glaring at my brother with concern.

"Get up!"

We obeyed and stood up, applauding for the second time. Tommy nodded at the public with us in it and stepped away from the lectern, my mother taking over the speech again.

"Now, let us sing Immortal Invisible." My mother took her place and together we sang the song for the opening of the Institute. The room was beautifully decorated with colorful flowers, carpets and cloths hanging on the walls. When the time had come the song was over, everybody went their own way in the building and in the corner of my eye I locked gazes with a weird priest before he roamed through the same hallways Tommy had done a few minutes ago. It had caused some strange thoughts in my head and followed my brother who as well followed the same path both men had walked in a certain time.

"The, uh.... The Lord Mayor would like you to come and eat cake and drink some tea!" I heard my brother speak when I walked their way and saw him disappear behind the large half glass, half wooden doors.