f o u r

Richies pov:
We met up with Stanley at the sewer entrance. Y/n was walking slowly, I could tell she was nervous because she was biting her nails but I didn't want to say anything. " That's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy" Stan says while pointing to a bunch of random plants. "Where? Where's the poison ivy?" Eddie asked. "Nowhere! Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley" I exclaimed while walking closer to into the sewers. Bill and Y/n were being super quiet. I could tell they were scared.

Your pov:
Bill, Richie and I were walking into the sewer entrance. I look over to Eddie "Okay, well I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this is not good for my..." Richie cuts him off. "Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" "Sometimes, yeah" I knew what he was going to say so I finished his joke. "Then you probably have crabs" I say while walking around in the gross water. "HEY NOT COOL Y/N THATS MY JOKE" "YOU DONT OWN A JOKE" "WELL NOW I DO" Richie smirks while I roll my eyes.

Bill was quietly walking around in the sewers. I saw how desperate he was to find something that showed us Georgie was still alive. Honestly I think he was dead but I don't want to tell Bill. Richie looks at Eddie and Stan who are still standing outside the sewers. "Aren't you guys coming in?" "Nuh-uh"Eddie points to the water. "It's greywater" "What the hell's greywater?" I ask annoyed. "It's basically piss and shit. So I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee so" I pick up a stick and sniff it trying to confuse Eddie. "Are you-- Are you serious? What are you..." He ask me with a confused look on his face. "Doesn't smell like caca to me, señor" I say in a stupid spanish accent. I look over to Richie who's laughing his ass off. "Okay, I can smell that from here" "It's probably just your breath wafting back into your face" I look over and see Stan shaking his head like a disappointed mother. "Have you ever heard of a staph infection?" Eddie says. "Oh, I'll show you a staph infection" Richie says. I high five him

"This is so unsanitary. You're literally... This is literally like swimming inside of a toilet bowl right now" I watch Richie uses a stick to pick up a grimy trash bag. Richie grins deviously and throws the trash bag at Eddie. "aHhhHh" Eddie screams as the bag lands at his feet. Stan and I laugh and we watch Eddie and Richie fight like an old married couple.

Bills pov:
I pick up a shoe that I found floating in the disgusting water. Oh. My. Gosh. I turn around to face the rest of the group. "Guys!" They all stare at the soggy shoe. "Shit. Don't tell me that's..." I was about to answer but confused Y/n cuts me off. "No. Georgie wore galoshes?" She says while shaking her head. "Whose sneaker is it?" I shine a flashlight over the shoe so Richie and I can examine it more closely, and we see the words "B. Ripsom" on it. My heart drops. "It's Betty Ripsom's" Richie says with a shaky voice. "Oh, shit,Oh, God. Oh, fuck! I don't like this" Eddie says freaking out. I look over to Y/n who was obviously upset. She was good friends with Betty and seeing this probably didn't make her feel any better.
I watch as a single tear falls down her face.

Your pov:
I feel sick to my stomach. I was friends with Betty. She was the only girl who was nice to me. I feel a tear slide down my cheek but I wipe it quickly since I didn't want any of the boys to see. "How do you think Betty feels? Running around these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" Richie lifts his foot off the ground and looks at Bill. "Beep beep Richie" Bill whispers while Richie realizes this is nothing to joke about.

What if she's still here? Stan says while freaking out.
I follow Richie and Bill further into the tunnel. "Eddie, come on!" I say still having a shaky voice.
"My mom will have an aneurysm, okay? If she finds out we're playing down here. I'm serious. Bill?"
Bill and I face Eddie. "If... If I was Betty Ripsom, I would want us to find me" Bill says while shaking. "Georgie too" I add. "What if I don't want to find them? I mean, no offense, Bill, but I don't want to end up like... I don't want to go missing, either" Eddie says. I look over to Stan. "He has a point" I look over to Bill who looked disappointed.
"You too?" "It's summer! We're supposed to be having fun!" I look over to Richie who looks at me and shrugs. "This isn't fun. This is scary and disgusting" Stan adds.

We hear a loud splash. Eddie and stan jump and turn around at the sound of the splashing water. Richie grabs my hand quickly. I look at him and he lets go quickly. We all come out of the tunnel to see a kid covered in wounds. "Holy shit! What happened to you?" Richie shouts.
——————————————————————————-
A/n:
Fun fact I wrote this during ✨ band class ✨
Anyways thank you so much for reading my story. It means so much to me that people enjoy reading what I write. Stay spicy! xoxo
-Rhea