#45 She rejected me

Michael.

Memories are moments that last forever and nothing can replace them.

I would capture it and keep it in a bottle if I could because I am unwilling to miss even a moment of the time I spent with her.

I poured myself a drink and opened her journal.

"If there is someone out there who could help me get out of here, it's him...my Michael...I will love him always..."

I will love him always...

I touched the words entered in the journal. It felt bittersweet. My heart ached for the past.

Cinderella, I am just here...still waiting for you at the place you left me...

I am waiting for you to turn around...just...just come back to me...

I love you so much...

I had dropped Cinderella at her apartment before coming back to my hotel and it was around 1:30 in the morning. But I didn't feel sleepy.

The more time I spent with Cinderella, the more I realised how much she changed. I admired how strong and self-sufficient she has become, but at the same time, I couldn't help but miss her old self. It looked like she is no more that naive innocent girl, she has trust issues and a defensive barrier put up around her now.

She had also rejected me clearly before she gets down from the car in front of her apartment.

"Thank you for the ride," Cinderella said as I opened the door for her.

"It was my pleasure," I said.

"I know I shouldn't interfere in your private life, I am sorry about bringing my friend to meet you."

"I told you, the person I am interested in is-"

"I am not looking for a romantic relationship," she looked into my eyes and said firmly. "Michael, you are good friends with Sam and Nisha. They think highly of you. And I think my mama misunderstood you," she said. "I would like us to be on good terms without any complications. Let's be friends?"

"I want to be more than friends, I want to date you."

"Michael!"

"I just want you to know my heart. I don't want to lie to you."

"Why?"

"Why?" I echoed back.

"Why are you so sure that it is me?" she asked. "What if it's just an attraction?"

I looked into her eyes.

"I fell for you the first time I met you."

"Then let me ask you another thing," her eyes dropped to my ring. "Can you  forget your fiancee?"

It was a straight jab to my heart. The question felt heavy, it felt painful and silence hung around us for a moment.

"Obviously, You are sill in love with her, how can you say that you have feelings for me? I think you are just confused."

"Cinderella-"

"I know you lost her, and you are not even ready to let her go, so the next time you want to confess to me, at least remove your engagement ring first."

"Does it bother you that much?"

"Not at all. I am just pointing out things. I would rather be your friend, Michael."