#2 He is my destiny

Ella.

"What!?" I screamed, "He took me out?" I jumped up.

"He rejected a few applicants and you are one of them," Senior Sam told me.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Well...he...he selected the...um...top students,"

"So according to him, I am stupid?" I asked, "How can he judge people like that! He is not even giving me a chance!"

"Don't blame him, dear, it's no secret that you have been placed in the last place all the semester," Nisha said.

That's because I really don't have any interest in my academics!

"I want to get in," I looked at Sam. "I promise I will do a good job-"

"He has already decided, it will be difficult,"

"I am determined," I said before storming out of there.

Michael.

"So, I just divided you into three groups, all you have to do is to work on the topic, I will select the final team this weekend," I said as everyone groaned.

"If any of you think that you can get a free ride, you are mistaken, if you want to remain here, you have to work hard," I said. "And we will use this conference room to discuss-"

I stopped as someone opened the door rudely.

...and a very angry looking girl came inside.

"Excuse me; we are in the middle of-"

"Why did you reject my application?" she asked me.

The projector was switched off and lights came on.

Cinderella?

"I had enough people; I removed the late applicants,"

"I applied on the first day, I was not late," she said again and everyone looked at me.

Does she want me to say it aloud?

"I selected according to the ranking," I said and the entire room broke into discussions.

"You are prejudiced! How can you be so sure that I won't be doing a good job?" she didn't back down.

"What was your rank in the last exam?" I asked her.

If she wants to learn it the hard way, it's okay with me.

She hesitated a moment.

"This is the worst method of selection; ranking can go up or down any time-"

"Then what was your rank on the last semester?" I asked, not backing down. "Or the one before that semester?" I took a step forward, "or the one before that?" I stopped in front of her.

She looked startled now.

"How can you judge people by their rank?" she shot back after a moment. "Give me a chance to prove my worth!"

Is she this dense?

"Fine," I turned to the audience, "What do you think? You all are evenly divided, is anyone ready to accept her as your team member?" I looked at them.

None of them looked okay with it.

The assignment I gave them was a hard one and everyone knows that only a smart team member can help them out.

"See, no one's ready to-"

"I don't want a team." she said stubbornly, "I am willing to work alone, Just give me a chance to prove it," she said.