#44 He is different from others

Michael.

"I am not meeting anyone without prior appointment," I said. "Ask her to contact my PA if she intends to meet me."

Jyothika Anand's eyes widened slightly at my casual tone, and she stared at me.

"Is there anything else? I don't wish to meet anyone unless it's Cinderella Adams herself. And I would appreciate it if you could respect my privacy."

"Ah... yes sir, I will keep it in mind, Sorry about this."

She walked back.

By the time I finished showering and came out, Juri was waiting for me.

She read the day's schedule as I had my breakfast.

"I will meet Jeeva, but let's postpone meeting Professor Abraham today," I said while taking a sip of my coffee.

"Noted," Juri said while making small notes on her tab. "Sir, Jenni asked me about the collaboration with Adam's group." she said.

"I will talk to her about that directly."

Even though I have told her not bother about it, I guess she must be worried.

"Yeah, I told her to talk to you about it," Juri said.

"Why are Zeeshan and Tarun still here? I asked them to get a few days off before we start."

"They are contacting Amanda ma'am and want to stay in the hotel till we start."

I let out a deep breath. I guess she asked them to spy on me.

What is David doing? Can't he at least take hold of this chance!

"Since both of them seemed to be very dedicated and loyal to the work, hand them some tasks to keep them busy, you know what to do," I looked at her.

She nodded, "I understand," she smiled slightly.

"That's all, I will leave right away."

"Er... sir, the chairperson Salena Adams is still waiting for you in the lobby. She's adamant about meeting you today."

"I am late for my appointment. Can we move now?" I checked my watch.

"Sure, sir."

Ella.

My team members; Kevin, Akash, Rahel and Sarin were in the conference room discussing the new project when my phone beeped.

I had disconnected Jyothika's call once, so I attended her call this time.

"I am in a meeting-"

"You better come here, Ella. Your mama is making things difficult for me!" She said seriously.

Jyothika and I shared a house for a brief time when we were abroad. I was pursuing ACCA from the University of London while she was doing hotel management.

"Why is my mama at Skycity?"

"She wanted to have a private meeting with CIO Michael."

"What!?" I raised my voice slightly and my team members turned to me.

I got up and walked out of the room while listening to her telling me about what happened there.

"He left in the morning itself, but your mama is still waiting for him here. She is refusing to move into the VIP room. All the staffs are uneasy and afraid to serve her as she's in a foul mood. And judging by the way Michael talked to me earlier, I don't think he has any intention to meet her."