#22 He rejected me

Michael.

"Yes, I love him." Cinderella looked around at her laughing classmates. "And I am not going to give up!" She said firmly.

My heart started to beat wildly. Her words kept ringing in my ears.

Yes, I love him...

I love him...

Maybe she just said that in anger? Maybe she wanted to shut up her friends? I know how impulsive she is.

Or maybe...she really likes me?

That's right, she told her Mama that we are dating, and her Mama seemed so sure about that.

Then it's not a probability anymore...

I played the video again and noticed all the comments from the students.

I frowned slightly.

Most of them were against Cinderella, labelling her as the rich spoilt brat or as an immature childish princess.

"She deserves to be rejected; she has the audacity to go after someone like Michael!"

"She always hung around him, trying to seduce him,"

"She is a two-timing whore, I just saw her boyfriend picking her up after college yesterday,"

"As expected of the spoilt brat,"

"Did you hear the rest of the story? She stole her best friend's work from school to help her pass the exam,"

"She didn't make it in the rank list; her mother got her in,"

"People like her should be taught a lesson,"

I stopped scrolling down.

Each one of the comments was meaner and uglier than the other and it started to bother me.

I never felt the need to defend someone before, but I am so very angry that I had to suppress the urge to slam my laptop against the wall.

I closed it with a bang and walked out of the library. I took out my phone and dialled Sam.

"Hello?" He picked up on the first ring. "Mike, I was about to call you,"

"Meet me in the cafeteria," I said.

"I am here in the cafeteria," he said quickly. "I am with Nisha and...Ella," He said.

I stopped on my track.

I don't know if I should discuss this with him when Cinderella is there.

"Michael, Cinderella is very shocked and hurt, she is hiding here in a corner," he said slowly. "She doesn't know what to do,"

My heart skipped a beat.

"Stay with her, I will be right there," I said, coming to a decision.

Ella.

"Um...mmm..lefmego!"

I am struggling to move out of Nisha's grip. She has covered my mouth as Sam talked to Michael on the phone.

They just ganged up on me.

Sam disconnected the phone and Nisha let go of me.

"You brute!" I accused her, and then turned to Sam. "How can you say that I am hiding here? How humiliating!" I exclaimed. "I would rather go and find each and every one of those bastards who put a mean comment and beat the crap out of them!" I said. "They cannot hurt me; I am used to this kind of thing."