#12 He saw me at my worst

@2000shetty, that's right, let's wait for the drama from Ella's Mom!😀

Michael.

The Doctor injected the medicine into her vein.

"This young lady is really, really lucky," The Doctor turned to me. "It would have been fatal if you were even a minute late," he told me.

That means she's okay now.

I supported the chair and took a deep breath.

"Ask her to keep a shot of Deriphyllin all the time with her if it is this serious. It is directly absorbed into the bloodstream and instantly opens up the alveoli in the lungs that have contracted," The Doctor said and I watched, in relief, as she moved slightly.

"She will be back in few minutes, let her stay here for a while," he told me and I nodded.

I was still trembling. I had never been put into this kind of situation before. I almost lost it as I drive her here.

She had stopped breathing and Jenni was holding her tightly and crying in the back seat.

"Don't forget about the drug, it's a life saving one,"

"She's the kind who forgets her inhaler, Doctor. I don't really think she will walk around with that injection." I sighed. "But I will pass the message anyway,"

The Doctor nodded and walked out.

I was just near her bed. I looked at her sleeping face for a few seconds.

I raised my hand slowly and touched her cheek; the warmth of her brought me back to the senses.

She is alive and okay...

She is out of danger...

I can feel the life on her; I can feel her warmth...

I snatched my hand back.

What the heck am I doing!?

But...Aren't I forgetting something?

Jenni!

I moved to the door and opened it slightly. Jenni was still crying there, she had refused to come inside.

"She's okay now," I said shortly and hurried inside with a sob.

"It's my fault...I asked her to come with me,"

"She's someone who always gets into trouble all by herself," I said quietly, looking at her sleeping face. "She would have managed it even without your input,"

"She's a brave girl, don't say any nonsense," Jenni snapped at me.

Yea...really brave; to the point that she was actually stupid enough to go after her attackers without any backing.

I looked at her sleeping face.

"This is the third time I am carrying her," I said slowly. "She got lost near the river last time and I had to carry her home," I said. "The second time was when she lost her balance and fell down the step in the classroom," I watched her breathing deeply. I watched her eyebrows furrowing slightly. "The third time was today,"

"Really?"

Jenni was sitting beside her on the bed and holding her hand. She looked at me curiously.

"I have never seen anyone as accident-prone as her," I said.

"It looks like you have some fate with this girl," Jenni said.