#24 He kissed me!

Ella.

I just sat there and ran my finger over the rim of my cup nervously as Michael was studying me over his coffee cup.

"So? Do you have anything tell me?" He asked and I looked up for the first time after entering the house.

He looked serious.

"I don't like computer science," I started to talk, "I was forced to join this college-"

"I am not concerned about it, I am just asking you about the project," he said sternly, "As a team leader, I am really disappointed in you; you cannot be this irresponsible."

"But...I am not the person who is presenting-"

"Didn't you know that before you joined my group, Cinderella?" he narrowed his eyes at me, "I just want you to stay back and complete it with my team."

I gulped.

"I...I will think about it," I said slowly.

"I couldn't get hold of you the last few days," he said and I looked him in the eyes, "I want you to respond to my calls and texts," he said firmly.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Since the tech-fest will be in a few days, I don't want any of my team members to be unavailable," he added.

Oh...he is talking about the project again.

I nodded and looked down.

Silence filled the room for a moment. I don't know why I am feeling so nervous around him all of a sudden. Maybe it's because of my confession?

No matter how Michael avoided it, he knows that I like him...

"Would you like anything else to drink?" He asked me gently, "You haven't touched your coffee."

Uh...I was so nervous that I forgot about it.

"I..." I stopped for a moment. I can't possibly let him know that I am nervous because of him. "I would like a glass of water," I said bravely.

He nodded and got up. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding as soon as he disappeared from sight.

Michael's presence is too much for me!

I took a deep breath and looked around once more. It's the first time I am entering his house after that riverside incident.

There were various books, trophies and certificates arranged around the room.

Whoa! He could arrange an exhibition-

I stopped.

I have just seen something that skipped my heart.

In one of the shelves in the corner was a shiny red colour.

I got up and walked to it. Sure enough, it was my shoe. The shelf had a wooden border around the glass so that it hides my shoe pretty well.

I opened the glass door.

It really is my shoe!

I rose on my toe and started to take it out-

...and before I knew it, the glass shelf in front of me moved as if it doesn't have balance and started to fall.

My first instinct was to hold it in place and I did exactly that. The shelf stabilised, but the contents started to fall down from its place as I had already opened the door before.

Each of the shattering and falling sounds just pierced my heart and I knew that I am in deep trouble.

"Cinderella, Wait!" I heard Michael's shout and was startled. To my horror, I lost my grip and the shelf started to move again.