#27 She is my destiny

Michael.

"Are you sure that it's Roopak?"

"Damn sure. I can trace the money flow, but he used a middleman to do this transfer and we don't have any direct link or evidence. I will try to get him by all means."

"No. Since there is no direct involvement, I am sure that he will play innocent in case we try to get him," I said. "Let me take care of him."

I turned to see Cinderella walking towards the car.

"Jeeva, I got to go, we will discuss this matter directly."

I disconnected the call and started the engine. I took the car forward as Cinderella was waving at the twins.

As soon as we were out of the gate, she turned to me.

"What is it? You look...angry?" she said.

I know that I can no longer hide it from her.

"Rijo was working for Roopak," I said slowly. "He was the one who got that Videos uploaded."

"What!" She looked outraged. "I am going to kill that-"

"No, let me deal with him."

"What are you going to do?" She looked at me. "You are not thinking about...beating him up, right?"

"I would love to, but I don't believe violence is a solution," he said. "Besides, it might incite him to target you more."

"Then what are you going to do?"

"I will deal with him, please see that you stay far away from him."

Ella.

Michael looked angry and distracted the rest of the drive and I felt restless.

When we stopped by the college bus stop, I unfastened my seatbelt and turned to him.

"Uncle Jose is nearly here, you should go to your work-" I stopped as Michael reached out and took my hand.

I looked at him and he just held on to my hand, a solemn expression on his face.

"I...I need to step out, Uncle Jose is nearly here."

"Cinderella...be safe."

"Don't worry about me, I am literally living in a 'jail', I am being watched 24/7." I tried to lighten the atmosphere. "I am Salena Adam's daughter; no one can hurt me easily."

Michael nodded slowly. He took a deep breath and turned to me.

"Then take care." he smiled slightly.

"I will, can I go now? Uncle Jose tries to cover up for me from time to time, but I really can't let him see me coming out of your car."

He nodded.

"Go on then, I will be around until he picks you up."

"Um...Michael," I looked at him and he looked right back.

"You need to let go of my hand or I cannot move."

"Oh," he immediately let go of my hand. He looked flustered for a moment and I hide my smile.

I opened the car door and turned to look at him, then out of sheer courage and impulsiveness, I moved back inside to kiss him on the cheek. I only got a glimpse of his surprised look before I got out of the car in a flash.

My heart leapt and my face burned at the action, I was surprised at myself.

I could see my car coming from a distance and was relieved.