13

Mercedes

August came back and sat down. I had my arms folded , he's hiding something .

"Sorry bout that."

"You need to go to the doctor? I heard people with leukemia sometimes have that problem."

"I honestly doubt it's that." He mumbled as he started looking at his menu , I cleared my throat .

He kept his eyes on the menu .

"Drew what you want?" He asked, changing the subject. I scoffed.

"Oh my god , Mercedes!" I looked to the side to a unfamiliar woman.

"Umm hi." I said with a slight smile . "Who are you?" I asked.

August and Drew looked at her with the same facial expressions.

"I know how crazy this may sound but..I'm you're sister." She said with a wide smile.

I blinked a few times.

"Um what?" I laughed . August furrowed his eyebrows .

"We actually have the same daddy, you know he died before you were even born." She said pulling out a package of papers , sitting down next to me .

I scooted over , taken back a bit.

"O-our dad?" I asked , looking at the papers. Sure enough she had the same dad but different mom.

How the hell she find me , know bout me and why?

"Well..." I hesitated , looking up at August as he had the most bewildered face . "She's my half sister." I said with a slight smile , looking at her .

She smiled wide , she seemed like a very happy person.....all the time which gets annoying after awhile .

"And you must be August." She said, reaching over the table and shook his head . He nodded.

"And your name?" He asked.

"Lu , I'm Lu." She said looking at both of us with a smile .

I nodded. " alright Lu ." I smiled.

"And hello handsome." She said to Drew , he sorta waved awkwardly . An August remake .

"I just love kids. I've always wanted to be married and just have beautiful kids...kinda like yall , right?" She said , I slightly nodded.

"Yeah, it's a blessing , I'm sure you'll get it." I said .

"Oh I know I will." She smiled then the waitress started coming back with our drinks .

"Are you guys ready to order?"

"You can just sit down if you like.." August said to Lu as I went to the bedroom .

I was walking to the bathroom when I trip and fell on one of Augusts bags.

"Gawd damn." I said getting up. I was starting to put his stuff back in his bag til I saw a lil small bag.

I picked it up and saw it was a mini bag of cocaine. I rubbed my fingers through my curls , you can't be serious .

The nose bleeds...this is why. He's really sniffing cocaine , he's so stupid .

"August!!" I yelled .

"Just make yourself at home , I guess." He was still tryna be friendly as he walked in .