26

Mercedes

I got dressed since August wanted me to go to this meeting with him today . He was already ready and had took Drew to Lexus for the few hours .

I haven't heard from Lu but she may pop up eventually .

I straightened out my curls as I went out in the front of the house , getting my bag just as August walked in .

"You ready?" He asked .

"Yeah . Why you want me to come again?" I asked , looking at him . He grabbed the opposite hand of what I was holding my bag with .

"Because I want you , as my wife , to help me with decisions since it will effect us both . And I want you out the house because it can become depressing . Get your mind off the baby situation.." He said , mumbling towards the end . I took a deep breath as I nodded .

"Okay." I said simply . He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as he pulled me out the door .

He already had his keys as he locked the door , going towards the car .

He opened my door , helping me in . "I love you." He said , I smiled .

"I love you too." He closed the door and got in the driver seat as my phone rung .

"Hello?" I answered .

"Best friend . You antisocial now?" I slightly smiled at Isaiah's statement .

"No , what bout you? You can call first nigga." I said playfully , he laughed .

"We both tripping. Where my nigga aug at?"

"Wassup?" August yelled out for him to hear .

"Sup man! So how y'all doing Cedes?"

"Great , great . Gotta catch you up on a few things ."

"For sure . I should be down there in a bout a week or two." I nodded .

"Alright well we can't wait to see you ."

"Me neither . Need the crew back but I'll talk to you later." He said .

"Okay izzy bye." He laughed before saying bye before he hung up.

"You remember when you was jealous when me and Isaiah first reconnected ?" I smirked at August .

"Listen I wasn't sharing my woman."

"But now y'all are good friends." I said poking his cheek . He nodded .

"I'm still cautious though."

"Mhm.," I said as I sat back , shuffling my feet .

Eventually we pulled up to the building where the meeting was gonna be .

August parked as I unbuckled myself , getting out .

"Dang Benz , could've gave me time to get ya." August said .

I waved him off as we started walking up to the building . He opened the door before we went in .

He asked the lady at the desk for the meeting room number . After looking over a list , she gave it to him .

We started walking down the hall.

"Now if they say sumn you don't completely agree with , you have the right to say sum." August told me , I nodded .