34

7 months later

Mercedes

I kept my face in my hands as tears streamed down my face .

"I can't do this." I said getting up from the table . I started walking out as I saw Isaiah following me.

I got outside and broke down as he started hugging me , trying to comfort me the best way possible.

No one has found August and it's been months . I was completely depressed , my hair was thinning and Drew missed him like crazy that he couldn't even focus at school .

"I don't wanna do it izzy." I cried as I laid against his chest . He rubbed my back .

"You don't have to . They can't make you." He said .

Since we still haven't found August , they said that they filed it as he's dead and suggested I get divorce papers . I just couldn't sign those papers nor could I believe he was dead .

"What am I gonna do Isaiah?" I sighed as he kissed my forehead .
He pulled my face up to look at him .

"I got you."

August

Shit didn't feel right .

I've been here for months and shit didn't seem as she portrayed it as.
I didn't feel no sort of love , lust or even like connection between us.

I still tried to get in my phone , continuing to get locked out .

I decided to just ask Lu.

"Lu!" I called out.

"Yes?" She said as she came in. She rubbed her stomach , making me lick over my bottom lip .

7 months pregnant . What am I gonna do with a child? I have no idea .

"You know my password?" I asked. Her face instantly change before she jumped up .

"What you need the password for?" She yelled , I furrowed my eyebrows .

"It's my phone, why can't I have my password ? I can't remember it obviously." I answered .

She looked at me before all around the room .

"Well..I don't know it."

"Aight now bring that down three notches. If you didn't know it , why you didn't say that at first instead of getting all heated ma?" I asked . She rubbed her temples.

"You're stressing me out August."

I shrugged . "Ain't shit to be stressing over when I'm asking a simple question ... Unless you know something I can't remember." I said suspiciously .

"August be quiet." She yelled , mushing my face before walking out .

I got up , walking out towards here. Tej was sniffing a row of coke , looking up at us .
He smacked his lips .

"Y'all ruining my high. Take that drama shit elsewhere."

"Why you getting all mad if you the one I'm suppose to be with?" I asked Lu . I don't know if she's just always been that easily jealous or what but I need to know something now .

She sat in the recliner with her arms folded .

"Tej chop me up a row." She uttered . I raised an eyebrow.

"I've been damn if you do. You're not about to make my baby a crackbaby."

"It's not like you care anyway! Just want that stupid password." She yelled .

I stepped back a bit . Is this girl crazy?

"Get ya ass up." I said , moving her away from tej's table .

"Get off of me August." She growled, snatching her arm away from me .

"I'm bout to take a shower." She huffed before brushing past me.

I sat down in front of tej as she was gone . He just started laughing .

"What?"

"She got chu bruh. Can't believe that shit really worked." I squinted at him .

I didn't know if he was just high talking nonsense or actual sense.

"What you mean?" He held his hands up.

"Aye man..." He trailed off , looking up towards the stairs. "That bitch crazy bro." He said laughing again before making another row .

My heart started beating fast. This is like the scariest thing I've experienced , for real .

Not remembering nothing from the past 7 years and having two side stories of my past & not knowing which is right .

"But that password is 1214." He said. I looked at him as he nodded.

"August!!" I heard Lu yell.

"What?" I asked .

She was quiet for a while .
I got the phone out my pocket , thinking about the password .

1214. What that mean ?

"My water broke!" My heart dropped .

______________________

Y'all might hate me at the end but..
What the hay 🌞

Feedback . 😌

[] YD