38

Last chapter 😬

Lexus

"Man it wasnt suppose to be like this man." August sniffled as we stood around as they lowered the casket .

It was alot of his family here that I didn't know but I got to know them and they met the twins.

I was a wreck . I couldn't think straight and you could see all the pain in my face .

I held Zakia on my shoulder as I rocked her . Mercedes wiped the corner of her eyes as Drew hugged around her legs .

Aleah never did stop crying and to be honest , nobody else did either .

"Mercedes.." She looked at me. "G-get her." I handed her Zakia before I blacked out .

1 year later

I came back from my flashback of the funeral . I had them all the time and ever since that blackout I had them all the time .

Tears dropped as I dressed Zakia and Lexington . I stayed in Zane house even afterwards but it wasn't the same . Nothing was the same .

I put Lexington down as he started gnawing on everything he saw .

I sighed as Zakia reached up for me.

"Da da." She said . I hugged her tightly .

"Please say ma ma baby." I said looking at her . She pulled on my shirt .

"Da da!" I burst into tears as she looked at me . She patted my face as I wiped my tears .

I couldn't take it anymore . I was stressed out , I needed help .
This was killing me , everything about them reminded me of him .

I put Zakia down into the carseat as I chased Lexington , putting him in .

I hated I had got so attached to them . I would always love them no matter what .

"Come on big boy." I said strapping lex . He arched his back to get out but I still got him strapped in .

I took a picture of them before picking up their carseats .

I finally learned the back story of the murder . One girl Zane fucked with a boyfriend was from a gang different from his and shit hit the fan .

The boyfriend killed the girl too before everyone involved was locked up . I couldn't even look at them when I had to go to the court trial .

If they only knew the pain and hurt they caused . Not only to us but also my kids future .

I walked out the house looking around in it . I locked the door , walking to my car .

I put their carseats in , buckling them up before getting in the driver seat .

I put my now thin hair into a ponytail before cranking up since they hate the cold .

I looked down at my phone as I saw the picture will all four of us at the hospital , slightly smiling .

My vision blurred as the tears dropped onto my phone screen.

I wiped it before going through our old messages , laughing a little .

I missed him so much , I loved him so much . He was just never meant to be mine I guess but I will never forget when he said he loved me . I thought about it everyday . I think about how he held and looked at the twins every time I look at them .

Every time I look in their face , I see him .

I finally pulled out the driveway , heading down the street .

I stopped in their driveway , taking a deep breath . I got my note getting out before opening the backdoor getting the twins unbuckled .

I got both of their carseats , tugging their bags on my shoulder as I struggled up the few steps .

I put their carseats down as I looked down at them with a slight smile . I bit down on my lip , bending down to them .

"Mommy loves y'all so much. Daddy does too." I said kissing both of their foreheads continually.

I knew how some people left letters for their kids but I looked down at Zane phone . I put the phone box and a letter inside by their carseats as I kissed them one last time .

" I'm so sorry babies." I sighed hard . I covered my face as tears came back before ringing the doorbell , running back to the car.

Mercedes

"Miah. Miah. Calm down little girl." I laughed as she was playing in my curls , blabbing loudly .

August jogged down the stairs as I looked at him , gnawing on Miah's hand playfully .

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"You didn't hear the doorbell?" He asked , I shook my head .

Drew came downstairs , going to the kitchen .

"What you getting big head?" I asked playfully , he looked back at me .

"I get it from pops." I laughed .

"You ain't lying." I mumbled , getting up going toward the front door . August stale faced us as he opened the door .

He stopped in his tracks as he looked downward . I walked over to him , seeing what he was looking at .

"Oh my gosh." I stated , handing him Miah . He took her as I got the twins carseats , bringing them in.

I grabbed a box and the note ontop of Zakia's carseat .

Dear Mercedes & August . I'm sorry if this alot to ask but I feel like I'm not able to be there for the twins when I'm mentally and emotionally dead . I'm so sorry . Im gonna sign myself into a rehad Center and hopefully get some therapy and help . things just been overwhelming me especially doing it all by myself . Please make sure they know I & Zane loved them as they get older . I love you guys and I wouldn't want anyone other than you guys to take care of them. I love y'all and I love them. I'm sorry again and ill hopefully get better one day .

Love , Lexus

I read out loud to August . I pouted as I looked up to him and he nodded as if he understood .

"Well Zakia and lexington." He said looking down at them . "Welcome to the household." He said . I slightly smiled.

" Uncle Aug and Aunt Mercedes got you."

_________________________

The end . 😬

Y'all wanted them to have kids and technically .. That's what you got . 🌞

Be careful what you ask for!

Lol anyways vote|comment

Imma write a author note .

YunginDiamond™
©2015 all copyrights reserved