28

| week later |

August

I was already on tour and we had already made it to our first location that I'm going to perform at .

Lu was being her normal crazy self , jumping around all lalalada happy.

We were going through sound check right now as I was checking to make sure everybody was doing what they were suppose to.

"Aight here's you mic!" My dj handed me . I grabbed it walking off onto the stage , almost tripping.

I looked at all the wires ontop of each other . "Lu!!" I yelled out .

Since the bus cleaning shit wasn't really necessary , I had her doing other little things . One was making sure all the wires were out of my way .

She came rushing from the back with a concerned look . "Yes?"

"The wires .. Why are they here tho?" She looked down at them before starting to stutter .

"Listen just scatter them out before I start the show , ok?" I said , she nodded .

"Yes August ..sir.. Yes." She stated before leaving off .

I shook my head , keeping a mental note to not walk by the wires . My music started and we tested out everything .

"Amen." We all said in the huddle as it was time for the concert now.

"Wait August , Mercedes calling you." My manager stated, handing over my phone . I took it , putting it up to my ear .

"Hella?"

"Hey baby , I know you're probably bout to go on but I just wanted to wish you good luck and tell you I love you." She said . I smiled as they fixed my wardrobe.

I brushed them off of me as I walked away from them a bit .

"Thanks baby , I love you. Where's Drew man?."

"In the living room , practicing football about to break something. DREW!" She yelled out .

I laughed and shook my head. Imma buy him a full football field in the backyard before he run Mercedes crazy .

"Say hey to your dad." She said before I heard shuffling . "Hella."

"Sup lil nigga. Why you playing in the house?" I asked .

"Gotta get my game right, try outs are tomorrow!" He stated .

"Well practice outside before you run your moma crazy. Keep it up though , I like that ambition in ya."

"Yessir."

"Aight love you. Let me talk to your moma." I said as they told me I had 5 minutes . I nodded .

"Love you too." He said before it was shuffling again . "Ok hello." I heard her say .

"Hey , I gotta go na but I love you and send me a pic of ya." I said , licking my bottom lip .

She chuckled . "Okay , I love you too . Be careful and eat something."

"Alright mommy Benz I've ate already . I gotchu tho. You be careful too. Bye."

"Bye." She said as I hung up.

They started walking me to the stage when my phone buzzed. I checked it , seeing the picture of Benz making me smile with a slight smirk .

To Wifey 💍:
Fine ass. I'm ready to come home already . Otw 2 the stage. Ttyl 😍

I responded before locking it and handing my manager my phone as I started up on the stage .

They handed me my mic before I heard the crowd screams and my song start to play .

I started walking across the stage as I sung before my ankles got caught up . I thought about those wires I told Lu to move before I started falling off stage .

Mercedes

"Drew come on inside baby , it's too hot for this." I whined. My baby gonna have a heat stroke trying to play football .

"I'm okay moma." He yelled back , faking out his imaginary player.

I shook my head , going back inside to at least get him some cold water .

I walked to the kitchen , getting a water bottle out the freezer about to walk back before my phone started ringing .

I looked at it , not reconizing the number so I kept going to the backyard , grabbing a face towel too .

"Come drink some water boy." I said sitting down on one of the chairs .

He jogged over to me , holding his head up as his mouth was open. I poured the water in his mouth .

"I'm not your waterboy ." I joked as he swallowed it then I tickled him. He laughed before I started wiping his sweat off with the face towel .

"You hungry?" I asked , he nodded.

"Give me a kiss first ." I perked my lips , he pecked my lips as I said 'mwuah' all extra.

I got up , looking down at him. I miss my baby as a baby.

"Okay come on , what you wanna eat?" I asked .

"Pizza!" He yelled as he closed the back door . I smacked my lips.

"Really?"

He nodded as I picked up my phone about to call the pizza place before the same number called me , I just decided to answer it .

"Hello ?"

"Hello is this Mercedes?" A man asked .

"This is she. Who is this?" I asked.

"Hi Mercedes , I'm Don , August's manager --" I cut him off .

"Oh hey don! I didn't have your number saved." I said .

"It's alright but I wanted to call and tell you to meet us at the hospital ."

"Umm what happened?" I asked a bit afraid to .

"August fell off the stage and it may be serious ." He said making my heartdrop .

"I'm on my way."

___________________

Lu .. Wyd

Lol comment

- Dia