Fourteen

1 MONTH LATER

You and Billie were still in a relationship and it was very healthy and happy, you both also got a house together. "hey Babe, I'm gonna go to a party tonight to see some friends" Billie said. "alright when does it start?" you asked. "in about an hour so I need to go now" she said. "alright have fun love you" you said. "love you too babe" she said. You heard the front door close and you went to the kitchen to get some snacks.

THE NEXT MORNING

You woke up to your phone blowing up so you unlocked it and there were loads of messages on instagram: 'omg are you and Billie gonna break up' and 'are you mad at billie'. You got really confused so you went to the posts and saw the whole page full of pictures of Billie kissing a girl. You felt a tear roll down your face and you saw loads of messages from Billie: 'don't look on social media', 'I was drunk I didn't mean it', 'please don't be mad'. You didn't reply and you went to your room and started packing your clothes from your closet.

About 30 minutes later you got everything packed and left. You got an uber to the airport and booked a flight to Florida last minute. Billie started calling you but you declined the call. You went through security and then through to the waiting area. You didn't have anything to do so you started looking through pictures of you and Billie.

"can everyone please line up in front of me and wait!" you heard one of the security shout. You took your bag and they had your suitcases in the storage of the plane already. Everyone went into the plane and you went to your seat. It was middle class so not the worst but not the best.

IN FLORIDA

The plane had just landed and you got out and waited for your suitcase to arrive on the belt. You saw it so you went and grabbed it then went to a random hotel.

"hey, can I help you?" the guy asked nicely. "I'd like to book a room" you said. "how many nights are you going to stay for?" he asked. "I'm not sure, I just came here for a break from.. Drama" you said. "oh girrlll don't worry I got you, I know how you feel" he said really nicely. "thank you" you said while smiling. "all you have to do is pay $5 for every night you stay and you can stay as long as you want" he said. "ok thank you so much" you said. "hold on" he said. He examined you for a second. "yeah?" you asked confused. "you're that girl aren't you? MJ isn't it?" he asked. "yeah, how'd you know?" you asked. "oh I saw on Instagram, girl I'm so sorry for what Billie did, I thought she was cool too until I saw those posts" he said. "oh right" you awkwardly laughed. "anyways I'll let you go, have a nice stay, oh and you can talk to me whenever you want, I practically live at this desk" he said. "noted" you smiled and walked away and into the lift.

Your room was on the 5th floor so not too far up. You looked for room 549 and after a while of walking through the corridor you finally found it. "home sweet home I guess" you said to yourself as you walked in the room. The room was a lot nicer than you expected.

Your phone was blowing up with texts and calls from Billie so you turned your phone off completely so you could actually think. You stood by your bed for a few minutes just staring at the wall. You jumped on the bed, buried your face in the pillow and screamed to let all your feelings out. A million thoughts were going through your head: am I not good enough for her? Did she know what she was doing? Why would she do that? You fell asleep from thinking too much.

You woke up to your alarm going off, it was 8am so you got out of bed and got breakfast. You decided to turn your phone on while you were eating and your phone was still blowing up so you put it on silent and looked through your messages. Billie had text like 100 times, the last text was: 'I didn't mean it please talk to me. I'm sorry. Please come home I'm getting worried. I can't be without you please come back'

You saw a text from an unknown number so you opened it:
Hey its Finneas. Billie didn't mean to kiss that girl, she was drunk and the girl kissed her. Billie isn't doing so good, you need to come back. I can't see her like this.

You couldn't go back, not yet, so you texted him back.

I'll come home when I want to, but right now I need to focus on myself and take a break from the relationship. I don't care if she didn't mean to kiss that girl, Billie knew she was in a relationship with me and still did it. I'll text you when I'm ready to come home but I'm not going to yet.

You sent the text and as soon as it said read he called you. "hi" you said. "hey, Billie really isn't doing well, when are you coming back" he asked. "I don't know, whenever I'm ready" you replied.