Eighteen

"can we watch a movie?" Billie asked. "sure, let me get you a real meal first," you said looking through the cupboards. You found a vegan mac n cheese in the freezer so you put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. "oh hurry up you useless machine" you mumbled to the microwave. "someone's getting moody" Billie said in the doorway holding the top of the frame. You turned around and had your thumb on the stop button because you hated the beep. "oh no you didn't" you said annoyed at her comment. "oh yes I did" she says taking her hands down from the doorframe. The beep went off and you gave Billie a death stare. You opened the microwave and took out the mac n cheese. "the things I do for you" you said to Billie. "hurry up with that darling" Billie said. "this kitchen is full of weapons, just remember that" you said while pointing to Billie. "okay I'll stop" she said putting her hands up to surrender. You opened the mac n cheese and poured it into a bowl and walked to your room with Billie following close behind. You opened the door and sat on the bed and Billie sat on the other side of the bed so there was as much as possible between you both while leaning your backs on the backboard. You gave Billie the mac n cheese and she just held it. "eat it or I'll do-". "me" Billie said cutting you off. She raised her eyebrows twice quickly and you just shook your head and laughed. "you didn't say no" she said smirking. "no" you said still laughing. "I can't have been that funny" Billie says a bit shocked. Once you stopped laughing you were breathing heavily for a few seconds to catch your breath. "I remember when you'd breathe like that for me," Billie said smirking. "oh my days you did not," you said hitting her arm. "what?" she said sounding confused. "you didn't just do that," you said to her. "no I didn't do that, I did you instead," she said. "just eat that while I find a movie," you said holding back some laughter. You both agreed on 'How to Train Your Dragon'. Billie started subtly edging closer to you but you didn't notice because you were trying to fast forward past the introduction. When you pressed play you felt Billie put her head on your shoulder and you put your arm around her. "why did you leave?" Billie asked. "I don't know, I guess I was scared you'd choose that girl over me," you said quietly. "I would never choose anyone over you, even if that person was a billionaire," she said. "watch the movie" you smiled. You both turned your heads to the TV to watch the movie. It was about halfway through the movie and a dragon roared and it made Billie jumped and you just laughed quietly because you were unphased. Billie glared at you and you just laughed some more. Your phone started ringing and Billie grabbed it before you could. "who's Derek?" she asked. "my best friend from Florida" you said. "are you going out with her, oh my god I thought you said you got scared I wouldn't choose you and you choose someone else!" she shouted. "Billie," you said. "you ran away because I kissed someone else and then you go get with someone-". "Derek is a boy!" you shouted. "here you go," she said handing you your phone. You just looked at her annoyed before answering it. "HEY BESTIE WHAT'S UP MY FAVOURITE GAYBEE!" Derek shouted through the phone. "heyyy, what's up," you said back. "are you with Billie?" he asked. "yeah, why?" you asked. "let me talk to her!" he shouted. "he wants to talk to you," you said giving your phone to her. You paused the movie so you could hear what Derek was saying. "hi" she said. "hiiii gaybee!" he shouted. "why did you wanna talk to me?" she asked. "you're bi right?" he asked. "yeah" she said. "do you wanna go out with me!" he shouted. You were really confused because from what you have been told, Derek is not only gay, but he is also super openly gay and has a boyfriend. "oh my god yeah!" she shouted. You just stared at her really shocked. "what" she said. "he's gay! What the hell, you shout at me for going out with someone else but when you don't even know the guy you go out with him!" you shouted. "I'm gonna go now" you heard Derek through the phone. You snatched your phone from Billie's hand and started storming out. She ran after you and grabbed you by the shoulder. "it was a joke MJ, I got his number from Finneas and planned it" she said. "not funny" you said in a mood. "come on let's watch the rest of the movie" she said grabbing your hand. When you sat on the bed you left as much room as possible between you both again. "I love you," she said. You just crossed your arms and looked at the TV. "say it back" she said a bit annoyed. You remained silent watching the movie. "say it back or I'll tickle you" she said. You tried to jump off the bed but Billie grabbed you and pinned you down on the bed with your hands above your head. "say it" she said. You shook your head and she started tickling you and you started laughing. "you gonna say it yet" she said while still tickling you. "I love you," you said in between laughs. "good," she said and sat back down while you sat up against the backboard.