Sixteen

2 WEEKS LATER

While you have been gone, your phone has been blowing up with texts about you and Billie getting back together because she said on her live that you both broke up so with lots of sympathy messages you also got lots of hate. The receptionist who greeted you when you first arrived at the hotel is your new best friend and you found out his name is Derek who is also gay and open about it.

You got out of your bed to your alarm going off at 8:00am and you got in the shower, got dressed, did your hair and washed your face. You went in the lift and pressed the button to go to the bottom floor. "heyyy bestie, off for your morning coffee?" Derek asked. "yup, gotta get the caffeine to stay awake ya know" you replied. "girrlll get me a coffee, I am exhausted" he said. "alright be back in 10" you laughed. "make that a quick 10" he said pointing to you. "okayyy" you sand and walked out the door.

You went to Starbucks and got a normal coffee and you got Derek the same. You walked out of Starbucks and saw a black car with tinted windows and a personalised number plate but you ignored it because it was probably just some rich person bragging about their money to everyone.

You started walking down the street and the car left its parking space and started slowly accelerating. You brushed it off because it was probably just a coincidence that the car is leaving at the exact same time as you are.

As you got closer to the hotel, the car was still behind you so you started running. You couldn't see who it was because the windows were tinted which made it that tad bit scarier.

You were sprinting now and you were almost at the entrance. "Derek!" you shouted. "finally, that was the longest 10 minutes of my life" he said a bit annoyed. "call security, there was a back car with tinted windows and a personalised number plate following me here, like the wholw time" you said out of breath. "you serious?" he asked. "yes!" you shouted in panic. "ok ok" he said and took out a walkie talkie, "can we have security by the front of the hotel, we have a black car with tinted windows and a personalised number plate who seem to be a threat, over". "copy that, over and out" said the voice from the walkie talkie.

In less than one minute there were 4 security guards running to the front of the hotel, 2 went outside on either side of the door, and 2 stayed inside on either side of the door. "thank you" you said smiling. "no problem sis, I'm just glad I get to watch some crazy scene drinking my coffee" he said taking a sip. "OK well I'm gonna go to my room so they can't find me.. If it even is me that they were following, pretty sure it was" you said starting to confuse yourself. "go hurry up" he said, motioning his hand to tell you to go. You ran into the lift and pressed the button to go to the 5th floor.

10 MINUTES LATER

You were laying on your bed hoping nobody knocks on your door and tries to steal your coffee or some crazy shit. Your phone started ringing so you looked at it and it was Derek calling you. "heyyy" you said as you answered it. "uh can you like come down here please like now" he said, sounding panicked. "yeah sure, be there in like one minute" you said, you knew it was something urgent if he doesn't shout through the phone "HEYY BESTIE WHAT'S UP MY FAVOURITE GAYBEE".

You jumped off your bed and ran to the lift but it would take too long to wait for so you ran down the stairs almost falling a few dozen times. You ran to the front desk but there was a different receptionist which is very new because Derek literally lives behind that desk.

"Derek is over there behind that corner" she said nicely. "thank you" you said put of breath. You walked behind the corner and saw Derek, but he wasn't alone, he was with the one and only finneas. "oh uh you're here" you stuttered. "he was the guy in the black car" Derek said extending his arm and pointing his finger towards finneas. "snitch" finneas mumbled. "why are you here, out of all places" you asked sharply. "I need you to come home" he said. "and what makes you think I want to" you replied. "oo this is the crazy shit I've been waiting for" Derek said in a high-pitched tone as he takes a sip of his coffee. You glared at him and he put his arms up in a surrender position.

"uh anyway, you need to come home because Billie won't even leave her room anymore and I don't think she's been eating. She only leaves her room to get water and stroke the dogs" he explained. "annd imma ask you again, what makes you think I wanna go home.. And see Billie" you said annoyed. "because Billie needs you MJ" finneas said getting a bit annoyed. "no she doesn't, she can have the girl she kissed at the party" you said turning around to walk away. "she tried to commit suicide MJ" finneas said as you started walking away. "oh my gosh is she okay?" Derek asked clearly concerned. "yeah she's fine now but I have to keep a close eye on her" finneas replied to him.