[Roger's driving gave everyone a] Sheer Heart Attack

Roger was proud of his car, even if it wasn't the best car on the streets of London

Roger was proud of his car, even if it wasn't the best car on the streets of London. To him, it was more than a car; it was home and freedom to go wherever he wanted whenever he wanted with whomever he pleased. He was in love with his car and the feeling of joy it gave him.

He and Freddie parked outside Brian's flat and waited for him to come out. Roger kept the engine running and the radio on, expecting his new friend to be ready at the door to leave.

"You sure this is the right place?" Freddie asked him from the passenger seat. Freddie wore a sun hat and a patterned blue Hawaiian shirt tucked into a pair of shorts.

Roger answered, "Yes, I'm sure. This is the exact spot I've been picking him up for the last couple of weeks. Are you sure that it is the right time?"

Freddie raised his arm and looked at his watch. "'Three o'clock, don't be late, don't be drunk,'" Freddie quoted.

Roger turned his key and turned off the car. The car made its characteristic sputtering sound. Hopefully he heard that and got the message that we are here, Roger thought.

A few seconds later, Brian stumbled out of his flat with a packed bag and cooler in hand. He stepped closer and Roger couldn't help but gasp, "Oh my god."

Brian looked like he stood atop a train as it went through a tunnel. His hair looked like a badger tried to make its home in it, and his absent yet confused expression made him look like he just rolled out of bed after a deep sleep.

Freddie let out a stifled giggle and Roger got out of the car to help Brian put his things in the boot.

"How was the test?" Roger asked.

Brian muttered under his breath, "I feel like I just got hit by a truck."

"That bad, eh?" Roger laughed.

"Yep," Brian replied as he shut the boot.

Poor bloke's brain is cooked from the stupid physics exam, Roger thought.

Brian climbed in the back seat of the car.

Freddie turned around and greeted, "Good afternoon, poodle. I take it your test was a bitch?"

Brian simply nodded in response and rested his head on the car window.

Roger fired up his car and turned up the radio. "Have you got the map, Fred?" he asked.

Freddie shuffled through Roger's glove compartment and pulled out a neatly folded road map. "Yes," he replied as he flipped it around.

Roger looked over and rolled his eyes. "It's upside down, Fred," he said.

Freddie flipped the map again and said, "That makes way more sense now."

"If you're gonna be the navigator, you've got to know how to operate a map. Especially knowing which way is north," Roger scolded. I am not going to be heading towards Leicester and then end up in Brighton, he thought.