[Roger's got] '39 [Problems and Brian is every single one of them]

Roger watched what he assumed was the full moon rise across the London sky

Roger watched what he assumed was the full moon rise across the London sky. The sky was cloudy and the only indication of a moon was a faintly lighter patch of cloud that was almost completely illuminated by street lamps. Nothing about the atmosphere screamed fit for a couple of Lycans to run about, especially between the smog replacing fresh woodland air and the concrete jungle replacing an open field or trees.

Roger had more things to worry about than his bandmates running around 'Attempted Murder Park,' as he liked to call it, as giant rabid animals. For instance, it was his mother's birthday and he had not called her yet to wish her a happy birthday. And there are a few reasons as to why.

He gingerly crept over to the telephone and dialed in the number of his parent's home. He watched with anticipation as the dial satisfyingly spun back into place after every number. Roger placed the phone to his ear and took a deep breath.

"Taylor residence. Who is this?" a female voice answered.

"Hello, Mum. It's Roger. I'm calling from my flat in London to wish you a Happy Birthday," Roger answered with a faint smile. And to distract me from the circumstances of the full moon, Roger mentally added.

Roger could feel the joy radiating off of his mother. "Michael! Clare! Roger is on the phone," her muffled voice called to his father and sister, "I told you he would call!"

Roger's shoulders dropped. Did they really think I wasn't going to call? he wondered.

The other line crackled and another voice came to the phone, "Roger? How are you doing, son?"

"Good, Dad, really good," Roger replied, "And yourself?"

His father replied, "I am doing well. Oh! Clare wants to talk to you!"

"Oh, okay," Roger said. They do realize I called Mum for her birthday, right?

"Roger!" Clare's voice boomed over the phone's speaker, "Roger, guess what!"

Roger humoured her, "What?"

"I've got a boyfriend."

"Sorry? Absolutely not! Is even Dad okay with this?" Roger gasped.

"Yes," Clare replied. Roger could see her cheeky grin over the phone and his face grew red with anger.

"Well, I'm not. Who is this bloke, anyway?" Roger demanded, "How do we know he has good intentions for you, hm?"

"I met him at school," Clare answered, "And he is good, don't worry."

The line crackled again and his mother spoke into the phone, "It's so sweet that you worry about her. It makes my heart grow three sizes."

His sister's quiet voice said further away from the phone, "It's because he knows there are guys like him out there."

"Clare!" their mother scolded.