[Not really a] Cool Cat [but rather a cool Lycan]

It was a week after the incident in Hyde Park and a week after Freddie and Roger found out that Brian was a werewolf

It was a week after the incident in Hyde Park and a week after Freddie and Roger found out that Brian was a werewolf. They decided, or rather Freddie decided for them, that they would continue looking for a bassist for their band. The band sat in a circle in Freddie's living room after having just strung up the last of the flyers around the city of London. Brian had the genius idea of posting them by various universities to get some fresh blood.

"Fresh blood?" Roger remembered Freddie saying, "Didn't think you were a vampire too."

"Pipe it or I will eat your cats," Brian joked back earning a few confused stares by passersby.

Roger snapped, "What are you looking at?" The walkers diverted their gaze and continued strolling.

Now back at Freddie's Tom laid on Roger's lap eying Brian like he somehow knew about his joke. Roger stroked the cat's back and watched the cat's shedding fur fall onto the ground by his feet.

A question loomed in the air like a storm cloud before a downpour. How would they tell them that their lead guitarist had a case of lycanthropy?

"We'll tell them when the time is right," Brian told his bandmates breaking the silence, "That is what I wanted to do with you two."

Roger furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "And when is the time right? I don't think that there is a right time to say, 'Oh, by the way, Brian's a werewolf. The good kind.'"

"I don't know," Brian admitted.

Freddie laughed and said, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, we just need someone to answer our advertisement."

Freddie's phone rang from the kitchen and he jumped up from his couch to answer it. Roger looked over at Brian and grinned.

"Freddie Bulsara of Queen speaking," Freddie said as he took the phone off of the hook.

Brian raised his eyebrows and leaned towards the kitchen.

"Do you hear them on the phone?" Roger asked.

Brian nodded and said, "Yeah. Someone answered our advertisements. They want to audition."

"Great! They never called us so quickly," Roger exclaimed. That's gotta mean something good, right? Roger wondered.

"Really? You can do it now?" Freddie asked from the kitchen grabbing back Roger and Brian's attention. So soon? This guy must be pretty eager, Roger thought. Freddie paused a moment as the person on the other side of the phone answered.

Freddie smiled and said, "Wonderful, darling. Please come to Foster's Place on the old Staff Terrace Street. It's a green building and I'm on the ground floor. See you soon!"

Freddie hung up the phone and cheered, "He'll be here in half an hour!"

Roger felt his heart palpitate and he gave Brian a look.