[Due to Freddie's] Impromptu [Decision, Roger buys a van]

Freddie's flat was like an escape for Roger

Freddie's flat was like an escape for Roger. If his car was the means to get him somewhere to escape his stress, then Freddie's flat was the destination.

Semester exams haunted Roger like a shadowy villain. His pre-dentistry course was kicking his ass and he considered dropping out of the dentistry program completely. The English don't really care about their teeth anyway, he told himself, so what is even the point?

His biology class, which he considered his pre-dentistry course's less-evil twin, gave him more questions than answers in how living things worked. Just thinking about cellular respiration made him feel like his first-class honours were slipping through his fingers.

He on the floor in Freddie's living room with all his textbooks and notecards spread around him like a tornado went through and Tom made a nest on one of his binders. John was in the kitchen trying to show Freddie how to turn on the oven and Brian sat on the couch reading his astronomy book.

Even though he didn't act like it, grades were very important to Roger. He was determined to perform at his absolute best in every class, especially now that he is in a band with Brian fucking May. Brian, even with being in a rock n' roll band and a Lycan, was the top of all of his classes. Roger couldn't help but compare himself to him, the man who was not only smart but also talented, loved by everyone, and good looking. How the hell am I going to get on his level? He's too perfect, Roger thought as he glanced at his bandmate.

Roger dramatically flipped open his biology textbook earning a confused stare from Brian.

"Genetic mutation, I remember this," Roger mumbled as he tried to ignore Brian's look.

He skimmed over the chapter and came across a paragraph that he circled several times in his initial read-through, a paragraph that made him smile about the memory of the night that came with it.

"Genetic mutation is not willed by an organism; it is completely random. Furthermore, it cannot cause an organism to developed fantastical powers like the X-Men. This could be done through magic, but that, of course, doesn't exist," he read aloud.

Brian grunted in agreement.

"Say, John? Is that why you and Brian became Lycans?" Roger called to the kitchen, "Through magic?"

There was a short pause and John shouted back, "Eh, I guess so. Why?"

"Studying," Roger answered. He drew an arrow from the paragraph to the margin and wrote 'See Lycanthropy.'

"Roger, darling, what on earth are you studying if it has to deal with that? Perhaps you should take a break," Freddie suggested. Something started beeping in the kitchen and John sighed loudly before turning it off.

"Biology," Roger laughed. He looked up to see if Brian would also take a break, but his poodle hair was buried in the pages of his own study.

"C'mon, dear," Freddie insisted, "I've got the paper on the table if you want to do a puzzle or look at the little cartoons."