[Brian found that] Another One Bites the Dust

A/N- WARNING. GRAFIC DESCRIPTION OF A CRIME SCENE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

"Would a game of Scrabble and a bottle of bear lift your spirits, Rog?" Freddie asked

Brian rolled his eyes and took off his clogs at the door of their room. He had to listen to Roger grumble about Margaret rejecting his date proposal the whole walk home from the show. Her aunt and uncle just so happened to own the pub that the band played at, so she decided to go to the show. After they were done, she came over to tell the band they did a good job. Before she could whisk away to be with her friends, Roger asked her out on a date, which she hastily declined. Now for the last half hour Brian had to listen to the blond grovel in his own self-pity.

"I guess so," Roger grumbled as he laid down face first on his bed.

Brian sighed and asked, "Do you expect us to fish it out for you and set it up?"

Roger mumbled something in response.

"I'll take that as a yes," Brian said.

John laughed and pillaged through Roger's suitcase for the Scrabble box.

He announced with a smile, "Here it is! I'll set it up on the floor here."

John sat down between the two twin sized beds where Roger's pallet laid the night before and took out he Scrabble board and pieces. He looked like a gleeful child setting up the game. Such a kid, Brian thought, Well, he is only nineteen-years-old.

"Instead of beer after next show tomorrow, we should opt for wine," Freddie said as he handed a bottle to each of the band members. When he got to Roger, Freddie just tapped his head with it and placed it in front of his face. Roger turned his head and smiled.

"I dunno, Fred," Roger said as he sat up, "Beer's alright to me."

"Draw a letter, everyone," John instructed. He held out the flimsy bag of letters.

Brian reached his hand into the bag and drew an 'A.' He tried to hide his excitement as the rest of the hand drew out their letters. John and Roger seemed indifferent about theirs while Freddie's face twisted like he smelled a fresh fart when he looked his.

Brian chuckled and told him, "Don't ever play poker, Freddie."

"Oh, shut up," Freddie teased.

"What letter does everyone have?" John asked.

"I've got a 'W,'" Freddie announced as he sat down on the floor with a comically large frown, "You can tell how excited I am about it."

Brian sat on the bed across from Roger and boasted, "Well, I've got an 'A,' so unless anyone has a blank tile, I get to go first."

Roger scoffed, "Here I was, thinking I could go first with my 'C,' but no, werepoodle over there just had to draw an 'A.'"

"Fuck you," Brian said with a braggart grin.