[Brian and Roger are whisked away by the] Fairy Feller's Master Stroke

Tension mounted in the room and Brian held out his arms in front of Freddie and Roger like mother goose

John, fully shifted into wolf form, stood in the middle of the circled up werewolves. They peered down at him and mumbled amongst themselves in savage awe. Their Alpha stood like a shadow-ridden mountain over him, but his furry legs stood firm and determined.

John let out a low warning growl and Brian gulped.

The Alpha raised one hand and the room fell silent in attention.

"Get me his heart!" she commanded.

Before a quarter of a second could pass, the werewolves pounced on John like hyenas, laughing and tearing at him.

Brian jumped to John's defense, completely abandoning Freddie and Roger behind him. He pounded on the backs of the werewolves like drums and a few of them quaked under his strength. His eyes glossed over in fury and desperation.

Freddie and Roger joined him at his side. Freddie managed to annoy one of the werewolves enough by hitting it with the mic stand that it turned to and attacked him.

Roger pulled one of the werewolves away with a grunt and slammed his half of the mic stand into its face like a gong.

Brian pealed away the rest of the werewolves. A flash of mousy brown fur flew past his eye. John was freed and ran around the room dodging werewolves that tried to catch him. Their blundering gait and disproportionate bodies were no match to John's superior agility. A sliver of intelligence all-too humanlike gleamed in his eyes as he led the werewolves around like they were the village fools.

How much of him is there with a forced shift? Brian wondered as he continued to battle the distracted werewolves. John led each one of the unoccupied werewolves farther and farther away from the Alpha who stood barking orders at her minions.

With the Alpha exposed, John slipped behind Brian and pounced onto her in surprise.

The Alpha yelped and fell backward onto the ground. John pinned her down in effortless might and she squirmed in vain under his grasp. His paws were planted firmly on her arms and her legs were twisted into a heap from the awkward fall.

John's hackle bristled like a lion's mane doubling his size. Drips of drool slid down his fangs like the venom of an Amazon viper. His tail twitched with irritation and a snarl steamed past his lips. His eyes glowed with anger and Brian shivered at the unnatural power that radiated from him. Now that is the wolf that turned me, Brian thought.

The Alpha trembled underneath him and let out a soft whimper.

Suddenly, Roger yowled in pain. Brian spun around and saw his friend collapse to the ground holding his side. Freddie smacked away the closest werewolf and stood over the blond with one foot on either side of him.