LXV - The Search for Barty Crouch Jr.

THE NEXT FEW WEEKS were quite peaceful, finally giving Astra some time to relax and focus on school work rather than the tournament or any visions. 

She was currently in the library with Luna working on Transfiguration homework when she felt her mind disconnect, just like it had during the Quidditch World Cup and when she had walked up to the owlery.

It was a bit longer than the last one, but not as long as her first one, once again including the green light, though she could see a bit of her surroundings.

It was a dark area and she could vaguely make out what looked like a gravestone, though she couldn't be sure. 

The strange thing about it was that she couldn't move herself, and it felt as if she was in another body. However, before she could think anymore of it, the flash of green came from a figure, one that was very familiar, and she was jolted back into reality.

The shock made Astra fall off her chair, gaining Luna's attention and a few Ravenclaws that were studying at a nearby table. Glancing around, she talked in a hushed whisper to Luna who was very interested.

"I think I had another vision."

Luna's eyes widened and Astra continued. "But it was similar to the last one, you know? With the green light, and I could have sworn... I could have sworn that I saw Wormtail."

Luna gasped slightly and Astra replayed the vision in her head again. It was from her point of few, as if she was the one who the curse was being aimed at, yet as soon as the light came towards her she returned to reality. The only thing she could think of was the killing curse, used by Wormtail, but she didn't want to think of that as an option.

Then again, with the recent events there was a major chance that someone could be killed.

But would it be her?

"I'm going to write a letter to Snuffles," she proclaimed, getting up and waving a quick good-bye to Luna before leaving to the common room.

***

Dear Snuffles,

How have you been? I'm a bit worried for you after seeing you in Hogsmeade last weekend. Promise to let me know if you need some food or blankets (I'm sure I could get Minnie to help). Anyway, I had another vision. Do you remember the last one? With the green light? Well, it was the same thing, I think it was in a graveyard, and I'm not completely sure but Wormtail might have been there.

I was seeing it in the perspective of the one getting hit by the curse, and I'm really worried, even if it won't be me in the future.

Let me know what you think.

Astra

***

"And you're... dead?"

"How is she talking to us?" whispered the person to James, eyeing Astra and Regulus warily.

"Shut up, Crouch!" said Astra sharply to the person, Barty Crouch, who James and Lily had recently brought in. He was much younger than what Astra had seen in the news, though it was known to most people that when they were dead, they transformed into the bodies of when they were most happy. It was obvious that all four of them showed great distaste towards the ministry official, but they needed information.

"Don't talk to me like that, you -"

"No," said Regulus fiercely, "You don't talk to her like that. In case you didn't notice, you're dead and so are we and we need to figure out how it happened. Astra's our only source to the living and she's on our side."