LXXI - The Order of the Phoenix

ASTRA LOOKED AROUND Number 12 Grimmauld Place for the first time that summer. Regulus had suggested it, partly out of spite of their relatives, and Sirius had eventually agreed.

She had been trying to avoid Dumbledore and explaining, though she also knew it would be inevitable if she wanted to join the Order, of which the first meeting was going to start the next day.

"More disgusting than you described," Astra said, running a finger over the staircase that was covered in dust. "I thought you said there was a house-elf here?"

"Yeah," Regulus sighed, "Kreacher should be around here somewhere, but I guess he stopped cleaning up when dear Mother died."

"Glad I never had to meet her," Astra snorted. "Kreacher!"

With a loud crack, an old house-elf with a creepy glare appeared in front of her. Immediately, it scowled and began to mutter, "Daughter of the blood-traitor, in Mistress's houses -"

"Hello Kreacher," Astra said with a false smile and a pleasant voice. "I was hoping that you could clean up around here a bit because a few people will be moving in tomorrow."

"- Filthy, ungrateful, brat, upsetting Mistress -"

"Kreacher!" Astra said sharply. "I'll probably be stuck with Ginny on the first floor until Hermione and Luna come, if they can, and Harry and Ron will be on the second floor. Then, Fred and George and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley will be on the third floor, and Dad will be staying on the fourth floor. I might go to Reggie's room when Hermione and Luna arrive, but right now if you could focus on the third floor, that would be great."

"Young Mistress is not allowed in Master Regulus's room -" Kreacher started, glaring harder at her.

"I can talk with Regulus even though he's dead, but I order you not to tell anyone about that. He's given me permission to go to his room and says that he is very thankful for looking  over the locket all these years." 

Kreacher inhaled sharply, eyes widening at the mention of the locket, before turning into a miserable lump of dispair, apologizing profusely about 'not fulfilling Master's orders'.

"No! No, calm down -"

"What's going on here?"

"Dad," Astra breathed, putting on a false pretense of satisfaction, "Kreacher's just fine, only having a bit of an emotional breakdown -"

"Kreacher is sorry! Kreacher didn't fulfill Master's orde-"

"Shut up!" said Sirius sharply with Kreacher promptly following the instructions.

"No, Dad, we need to be nice to him, it's the only way he'll help us," she turned to the house-elf. "Kreacher, Regulus is happy with you. He is not upset. Now, he'd be delighted if you could help us clean up for the Weasleys."

Kreacher suddenly became considerably happier and had a look of determination in his large eyes before disappearing with a crack.

Sirius shook his head, looking at where Kreacher had been with disgust, "Well, the Weasleys are going to be moving in later and I think they're looking into Hermione coming soon."

"And Luna?"

"I haven't been able to convince them yet."

"Fine," Astra sighed, "I'll do it in the order meeting -"

"What? You're not a part of the Order -"

"I will be," said Astra firmly. "I'm leading about half of it after all."

"No, Dumbledore's leading the Order," started Sirius in confusion and Astra tutted.

"Not the living Order, the dead Order. The original one."