XI - The Start of Second Year

ONCE AGAIN, MCGONAGALL insisted that Astra take the Hogwarts Express to Hogwarts. Though Astra continuously argued that she was going to go end up at Hogwarts again anyway, she knew that McGonagall was quietly worried about her social life. At these points, Astra wanted to tell her that she didn't only make friends with the house elves and the professors, but also the dead, but she knew that it wasn't time yet. 

So, that was how Astra found herself at Platform 9 3/4, waving good-bye to Minnie. She decided that hopefully, Astra would be able to find a compartment to herself so she wouldn't have to talk with anyone. Luck wasn't fully on her side, however. The only compartment that wasn't completely full had one girl with long, wavy blond hair. She looked about small enough to be a first-year and had wide, glossy eyes. She was reading a magazine that Astra didn't know upside down and was wearing a strange variety of clothes. Her jewelry included a cork necklace and earrings that had Bertie-Botts Every Flavored Bean at the end of them.

"Um, hello. Is anyone else sitting here?" Astra asked as she opened the door, once again only holding a book, as she didn't need to bring her trunk on the train.

The girl looked up and had a soft smile across her face. "No, you can sit there if you like," she said and then turned back to her magazine. Astra smiled. The girl seemed quiet, and she most likely wouldn't have to make any conversation. She opened the book and started reading when the compartment door opened again. This time, a girl with fiery red hair poked her head in and Astra noticed a lot of similarities between the girl and the Weasley twins.

"Hello. Can I sit here?" she asked.

"Of course," Luna responded. Astra just gave a small nod and the two girls went back to their books. However, apparently, the red-headed girl wasn't going to let them sit in quiet.

"I'm Ginny Weasley," she started. Bingo, Astra knew that she looked similar to the twins. "What are your names?"

"I'm Luna Lovegood," said the blond-haired girl as she put her magazine down.

"Lovegood? Don't you live near Otter St. Catchpole?" Ginny asked.

"Yes."

"Oh, then you must live near the Burrow! I don't know how I haven't seen you before! We should spend some time together over the summer. Are you a first-year as well?" Luna gave a wide smile and nodded.

"And who are you?" asked Ginny looking at Astra.

"I'm Astra Black," Astra said, closing her book and staring at Ginny. She seemed mildly frightened and scooted a bit back in her seat, while Luna just looked at her with curiosity.

"Astra Black? You're the daughter of Sirius Black," said Luna casually. Astra was a bit surprised by her blatant honesty, but hid it and nodded.

"You know," she said while leaning in as if she was about to tell an important secret, "the whole killing muggles thing was just an act. Sirius Black was actually arrested for cooperating in the dark market of heliopaths and also stealing Aquavirius Maggots from the ministry." Astra was even more surprised by that announcement. Was this girl on drugs?

"Daddy wrote an article about it in the Quibbler when he was arrested. I think it's quite annoying that the Daily Prophet didn't tell the truth. But I suppose that the Aquavirius Maggots were supposed to be a secret and the Ministry wouldn't want anyone finding out."

Highly confused, Astra just nodded slowly and went back to her book. It seemed that this conversation had also worn out Ginny, who took out a book and started writing in it.

The rest of the train ride passed fairly quietly, except for a short break where Hermione Granger came into the compartment, asking Ginny whether she had seen Harry and Ron. Ginny left after that with Hermione, leaving Luna and Astra in peace to read again.