LXXIV - The Trial of Rita Skeeter

ASTRA RETURNED TO GRIMMAULD Place with no suspicion, gladly telling Ron, Ginny, and Tonks that the plan went perfectly.

The day was only made better when Sirius came in, announcing that Hermione and Luna would be arriving in two days.

She was on her way to the kitchen when she ran into Professor McGonagall, and for the first moment of the summer realized how much she missed having casual daily meetings with her. "Astra, are you busy?" 

Astra smiled and shook her head, following Minnie into the kitchen. "Well, as you know, you will be entering fifth year next year, meaning I have to assign prefects -"

"Pick Hermione," Astra responded immediately. 

Minerva smiled softly, a look that Astra rarely saw, "I thought you would say that. Only, you do have higher grades, so naturally, you would be the first choice. However, with you joining the Order, I thought I'd ask for your opinion."

Astra nodded, glad that the professor had chosen that. "Hermione would like it better too, and she's way more organized than me."

"Don't underestimate yourself, Astra. Miss Granger might be better in creating study plans but not everyone could run an entire secret operation in defense of a Dark Lord at your age."

Astra blushed slightly, understanding that she definitely might have been undermining her own abilities, even if she wouldn't say that aloud. In truth, it was definitely stressful trying to keep track of everyone in the Order, their jobs, as well as starting the court case and regular school work.

Without warning, she stood up and pulled Minnie into a tight hug, finding that the old professor was much less tense than the first time she had done it, only four years ago.

"Thanks, Minnie," she said with a small smirk as usual, heading to go to the kitchen as she was before.

Minerva shook her head slightly, a gentle smile playing on her lips. "You'll do great things, Astra."

***

"LUNA! HERMIONE!" Astra wasn't one to get excited easily, but she missed the two girls more than she ever thought she would.

She nearly knocked down Luna with a bone-crushing hug, quickly pulling Hermione in as well. "Come on, we have so much to talk about."

"Wh-AAAHHH!" Astra pulled both girls to her room, not even worrying about the luggage being left in the entrance hall.

"Hermione!" came Ron's excited voice as soon as they entered the room, quickly bringing her into his own hug which made her blush profusely. The hugs and greetings continued for only two more minutes, Ginny whispering a few things to Hermione and Luna talking about some nargles around Ron, until Astra finally gained their attention again.

With that, she reviewed everything that happened the past few weeks: The court case and a few vague details about the Order.

When asked about Harry, Astra left the information to Ron, who still looked incredibly guilty about having to keep information from his best friend. Hermione looked as if she was going to write a letter right then and there, and she probably would have if it weren't for Remus walking in.

"Astra, Or- what is going on in here?"

Astra was holding back Hermione as Luna tore a piece of paper, Ron watching from the corner. "Its - not - fair!" the bushy haired girl huffed, finally holding back and crossing his arms. "He deserves to know what's going on, doesn't he? Ron, you agree with me, right?"