Chapter 2 | "watch it"

After an uneventful orientation, Hyemi and her friends got their official schedules.

"Kyunghee! Let's compare!"

Hyemi quickly grabbed her arm, scanning over their schedules together.

"Aw man...." Kyunghee said dejectedly. "We don't even have one class together!"

"It's alright, Kyung-ah, we'll be dancing together all the time."

"That right. We just better both make it onto the same team."

"We will."

"Kyunghee, Hyemi! What are your schedules like?" Jichang and Jeno quickly walked over, comparing schedules with them.

"Omg, we have almost all our classes together!" Kyunghee exclaimed as she looked at both Jeno and Jichang's class schedule.

Hyemi just smiled sadly, seeing that she wasn't in class with any of her friends. Jeno noticed her pouting and quickly walked to her side, throwing an arm around her shoulders.

"It's alright. Just like you said, we'll still be dancing together all the time right?"

She nodded her head, smiling gratefully at her best friend just as the bell rang and they all made their way to class.

Hyemi watched as her three best friends disappeared down a hallway, leaving her to go alone to her own classes. She carefully navigated the hallway and eventually made her way to her first class.

She entered the room to see a bunch of unfamiliar faces sitting around. She chose a seat towards the far end of the room, right next to a window so that she could look outside onto the beautiful campus.

She was lost in thought as she gazed out at the scenery when she heard someone sit down beside her. Turning, she made eye contact with another girl smiling at her.

"Hi! I'm Yeji, mind if I sit here?"

"No not at all!" Hyemi replied with a smile. "I'm Hyemi, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too! So, do you know anyone else in this class because I don't and I really don't want to be alone."

Hyemi giggled in response, shaking her head and causing Yeji to let out a sigh of relief.

"No, no I don't. All of my friends are in another class."

"Well, at least we have each other!"

Yeji and Hyemi talked before class began, and surprisingly they found that they had a lot in common. Both of them were trying out for dance teams as well, and they found themselves quickly bonding over numerous things.

Soon, the professor walked in and class had begun.

- - -

"So, Hyemi, whats the rest of your schedule like?"

Hyemi quickly pulled out her schedule and showed it to Yeji.

"Oh yay! We have the same schedule! Hopefully we can make some friends!"

"Sounds great!"

Hyemi couldn't help but smile. As much as she wished her own group was with her, it made her happy to be making some new friends as well.

Once they entered the room, Yeji quickly brought her to an open table in the back, the two of them talking quietly.

"Hey, are these seats taken?"

Yeji and Hyemi turned to see three boys smiling at them.

"No, go right ahead." Hyemi answered.

"Thanks, I'm Xiaojun." Said the first boy, introducing himself.