Chapter 25 | "nothings wrong"

"I can't believe it's almost time." Hyemi said, her head resting on Jaehyun's lap as they lay in the quad. "It feels like just yesterday I was auditioning for the team, and now Nationals starts in two days."

Jaehyun let out a laugh, playing with her hair.

"I know. 6 months goes by quick. These last two have been especially enjoyable." He cooed out, bending down to place a kiss on her forehead.

"Look at you getting all sappy," she replied with a smile, sitting up. "Who knew we'd go from hating eachother to..." she raised their intertwined hands. "This?"

"I certainly never did," Jaehyun said, placing a kiss on her hand. "But you're too stubborn to shake off."

"It's a gift."

The two of the laughed as Hyemi lay back down on his lap.

"But seriously... nationals. Performing in front of 10,000 people, not to mention facing teams from around the country, especially the team from Korea University, and-"

"Stop." Jaehyun put a hand over her mouth. "Stop freaking yourself out."

She just rolled her eyes as he removed his hand.

"I know, I'm just... overthinking. We're ready, right?"

"Of course we are. The team looks great. I don't know what they're gonna throw at us, but we'll be fine. Especially now that I have you with me, nothing can beat us."

She smiled at his sappiness.

"How did I get so lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend?"

"I think the lucky one here is me."

"Oh stop."

"I'm serious, you're the greatest. Nothings gonna split us up, and as long as I have you next to me, Nationals will be a breeze." He squeezed her hand, causing her to giggle.

"How is it that everything is just so perfect? It feels like nothings wrong." She sighed, looking out across the quad.

"Why does something have to be wrong? Let's just stay like this. Let everything be perfect."

The two of them made eye contact, smiling at each other as they continued to converse quietly.

- - -

"Alright everyone! The bus leaves in 20 minutes so make sure you have everything!" Sana called out, gathering the members up.

Tomorrow would be the official start to nationals and they were about to depart for Busan.

"Jae, sit with me on the bus?" Hyemi said, running up to her boyfriend.

"Of course, I- one second." He stopped, rolling his eyes as his phone started buzzing. His eyes widened when he saw the name of his manager. "Save me a seat, I'll meet you on the bus."

Hyemi nodded and skipped away as Jaehyun quickly answered the call.

"Mr. Yoon? Is everything okay?"

"It's better than okay, kid, it's amazing."

"What's happening?"

"You're amazing manager, aka me, just scored you an invite to go on a world tour with NCT as a backup dancer!"

"World tour? NCT? That's amazing! I- wait. When is this tour and how long will it last?"

"Don't worry kid, I know you have that competition thing this week. You start rehearsal in 2 weeks and the tour launches in 4 months. You'll visit over 20 countries over the 10 month tour."