Chapter 20 | "trust yourself"

"Oh, JaeJae there you are!" Yeonhee approached Jaehyun and Hyemi as they walked into the practice room for morning rehearsals, the rest of the team already there and stretching.

"I was just getting the team all warmed up for you and- oh." Yeonhee cut off seeing Hyemi standing there. "Don't worry, Jaejae, I'll take care of this." She said, smiling at him and walking next to Hyemi, gripping her arm.

"Come on, little first year, dont bother Jaehyun, he's got actually important stuff to deal with." Hyemi cringed as Yeonhee pulled at her arm.

She rolled her eyes, releasing Jaehyun's hand while Yeonhee literally clawed at her. As Hyemi moved to take a step away from him, Jaehyun gripped her hand tighter, pulling her back to his side.

"Dont touch her, Yeonhee." He said with a low voice, getting the attention of everyone in the room.

"What? JaeJae, I just don't want her bothering you. Don't waste your time with-"

"The only one bothering me, is you." He said coldly, shutting the girl up.

"W-what?"

"I also heard that you've been telling people that I'm your boyfriend? How many more times do I need to tell you this , we are not getting back together. End of story."

"B-but Jaejae..."

"Enough, Yeonhee. You're distracting my team and making everyone uncomfortable. Please just leave." He said with an exasperated sigh.

"B-but what about sectionals? Don't you want my help? Your solo still needs work and the group dance is a mess-"

"I think we're doing just fine. I can run my team, believe me. And as far as my solo goes," he turned to smile down at Hyemi. "I have Hyemi."

"The little first year? Have you lost your mind? She can't even dance!"

Hyemi was getting pissed off and she couldn't hold her tongue anymore, steeping away from Jaehyun's side and walking straight up to Yeonhee.

"Okay, listen here you entitled, delusional, psycho bitch, I've heard enough. Don't come for me or my team when you can't even walk straight. If you think you're intimidating us, sorry to break it to but your not. All we see is a desperate girl who couldn't take a hint if her life depended on it. So get out. You're embarrassing yourself."

Yeonhee glared at Hyemi, her jaw dropped at the younger girl's words. Around the room, her teammates exchanged happy glances, smirking proudly at Hyemi for sticking up for herself.

"Jaejae! Are you really going to let her talk to me like that?" Yeonhee exclaimed, giving one final desperate look at Jaehyun.

He just smirked, walking up to Hyemi and throwing an arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah I am, because she's right. And, for the record, this little first year is ten times the dancer you ever were."

With a indignant huff, she turned, pouting as she stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her. The room fell into silence as the member processed what had just happened.

"Damn, Hyemi, I didn't know you had that in you." Yuta said, breaking the silence.

Instantly all the others started chuckling and smiling, talking amongst one another.

"Thank god that bitch is gone, thanks for finally getting rid of her, Jaehyun." Sana said with a grateful smile.

"Don't thank me, thank Hyemi, she's the one who made me realize how much it was annoying y'all." He replied, looking down at her.