Chapter 18 | "its complicated"

"Hey Jaehyun!" Hyemi said as she walked into the studio the next morning with a smile on her face.

"Morning, Hyemi, thanks for coming."

"Yeah of course."

"Did you have fun last night?" He asked as he stretched.

"Yeah, it was nice to catch up with Yeji again. And thanks for checking up on me, Jae. I mean, Jaehyun."

He looked at her quizzically when she corrected herself.

"You can call me Jae."

Now it was Hyemi's turn to be surprised.

"I thought you said only your close friends could call you that."

"Well, I'd like to think were pretty close now, dont you?"

She couldn't help but smile as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, you're right."

Jaehyun hummed in satisfaction, matching her smile as he rose to his feet.

"Okay so I think I figured out the last four eight counts of my solo and I want your opinion."

"Alright, let's see it."

Hyemi watched as he went through his solo again. At this point, she'd seen it so many times that she probably could perform it herself, but every time he danced, it still left her in awe.

"So what did you think?" He asked, breathing heavily after showing her the new additions.

"I think it looks pretty good."

"But...?" He said, standing up with a knowing smile and walking closer to her. She let out a giggle before continuing.

"But maybe you could replace the double pirouette with a longer turn combo and then go straight into the leap instead of having a pause there. It would build up more before the final tumbling pass."

Jaehyun nodded along as she spoke, trying his best to visualize what she wanted.

"Okay so like this?" He took a few steps away from her and executed the moves.

"Yeah, exactly. What do you think?"

"I think it's perfect." Jaehyun said, giving her a high-five. "I would've never thought of it myself, I'm so lucky to have your help."

"Well, we help eachother. We work pretty well together."

"That we do." The two of them smiled at one another for a moment before Jaehyun spoke again.

"So since that my solo is done and the group is looking good, do you maybe want to... I don't know, go do some thing else before practice? We have another 45 minutes until we start. I know a nice little cafe about five minutes off of campus, wanna go?"

Hyemi's heart instantly started beating quicker in her chest, excitement filling her whole body as she nodded. Seeing her reaction, Jaehyun smiled to himself, finding it cute how she started literally bouncing from foot to foot.

"Sounds great, I could totally use a coffee right now."

"Well then, let's go!"

- - -

Jaehyun watched with an amused smile as Hyemi looked around the cute, white and blue themed cafe. She had a big smile on her face as she viewed all the cute pastries and deserts.

"What would you like, Hyemi?" He asked as they approached the counter.

"Hmmm... I'll just have an iced cafe americano please!" She said with a smile.