Epilogue

11 months later...

Hyemi was heartbroken after Jaehyun left, and despite her desperate attempts to contact him, he never responded to her. Eventually she gave up on trying and did her best to piece her life back together.

Taeyong had graduated and had started working as a choreographer at SM. Mark had dropped out of school to pursue a rapping career after getting recruited to join SM as well.

As dance captain, Hyemi put all her focus into the team to try and distract herself from her breakup with Jaehyun. She had recruited Jeno to join their team as Jaehyun's replacement, as well as two new recruits to replace Sana and Yuta. Their names were Shotaro and Chaeryoung.

Throughout the rest of her second year, she trained harder than ever and the team was able to defend their national champions title for the third year in a row. Hyemi once again took home the title of champion for her solo, and this time Jaemin received first in the male solo category.

As for her personal life, Hyemi tried her best to move on. She went on several dates with several people but none of them ever stuck. She just never had a strong connection with anyone, constantly longing for Jaehyun despite it being 11 months since their breakup. She knew he was back soon, but with zero contact from him since he left her in the park, she was trying not to her breath about reconnecting.

Hyemi was now starting her third year at Seoul National Universiy, having just finished up this year's auditions. She recruited a boy named Park Jisung to replace Sicheng, and boy was he talented.

Jeno was now dragging her through the hallways towards the dance studio, the pair going to meet Yeji and Jaemin, who were still going strong, for coffee.

"Jeno, why are we coming this way? Yeji and Jaemin said to meet us at the front." She complained as he dragged her further away from the exit.

"I know, I just have to swing by the athletics office really quick, come on." Jeno relied, still dragging her towards the dance wing.

"Ugh fine. Hey, wait... are the studio lights still on?" She asked, stopping Jeno as she noticed light flooding into the hallway from under the door to their practice room.

"Oh yeah they are... weren't Jisung and Shotaro supposed to close down today?"

"Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have left it to those two goofballs." She said with a groan, going to open the door. "Why is there music playing? Who's still here this late?"

She opened the door and the music instantly hit her. It was a song she had refused to listen to for years. The song of her final duet with Jaehyun.

There was a boy in the room, dancing to the music. She couldn't see his face as his back was towards them, instead she watched as he danced, his moves beautiful and powerful. The song came to an end and he lifted his face to look at her.

She gasped as her eyes met with his after what felt like eternity and everything around her froze.

"Jaehyun?"

He straightened up, brushing his hair back and rubbing the back of his neck as he gazed at her, his eyes full of longing.

"Looks like I made it back to you." He whispered out with a small, hopeful smile.

Despite everything she's done to try and move on, she couldn't stop herself. Her body moved involuntarily and she ran to him. He caught her as she jumped into his arms, the two of them embracing with tears in their eyes. He held her, her legs wrapped tightly around his waist.

"I missed you so much, Hye, I should've never done it. I was such a fool to let you go." He whispered into her hair, his voice cracking as he was overcome with emotions from just being able to hold her again. "I'm so sorry."