Chapter 14 | "how dare you"

Hyemi waited for the water to hit her, but it never came. She opened up her eyes to see someone standing in front of her, the water dripping off of his, now soaked, jacket. When she finally looked at his face, her jaw dropped.

"J-Jaehyun?"

He quickly squatted down in front of her, cupping her cheek with one hand as he surveyed the messy state of her outfit.

"You okay? Not hurt anywhere?"

She shook her head and Jaehyun let out a sigh of relief before turning back to face Kyunghee and Iseul.

"J-Jaehyun... w-we didn't mean to..." Hyemi could hear them stuttering under the weight of his glare.

Yuta quickly ran up to her, pushing through the crowd that had gathered. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around her.

"You okay?" He asked quietly.

"I'll be fine." She replied quickly, giving him a small smile before focusing her attention back on Jaehyun and Kyunghee.

Hyemi watched as he walked up to her, right in her face and glaring down at her.

"Do you want to tell me what the hell happened here? Or do I have to force the truth out of you?" He growled threateningly, causing Kyunghee to shiver.

"Woah woah woah, get out of her face."

Taeyong, who had missed what happened and had just arrived on the scene to see Jaehyun staring down Kyunghee, broke through the crowd. He walked right up to Jaehyun and shoved him away from her, unaware of Hyemi on the ground only a few feet away.

"What the hell, Jaehyun? How dare you try to intimidate one of my soloists! I could get you disqualified!" Taeyong yelled, enraged. Jaehyun just let out a disbelieving scoff.

"Really? You fucking bitch, get your head out of your ass! You can't even see what's right in front of you?" Jaehyun yelled back.

"What are you even talking about?"

"I'm talking about protecting your sister! You should be thanking me for being here when you weren't!"

Jaehyun's words washed over Taeyong like a bucket of cold water, all the anger draining from his body and shock appearing on his face.

"Hyemi?"

"Yeah, Hyemi." Jaehyun said with a mocking tone, sweeping back his arm so that Taeyong's eyes finally landed on his sister. His eyes widened at her appearance.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He began to take a step towards her only to be shoved back by Jaehyun.

"She'll be fine, no thanks to you." Jaehyun spat out. "You couldn't even defend your little sister from your own teammates."

"My team? What does this have to do with my team?"

Jaehyun scoffed again, gesturing to Kyunghee and Iseul who were frozen on the spot, their empty buckets still in their hands.

"You know, I never liked you, Taeyong, but I didn't know you were that clueless." Jaehyun said, shaking his head at the older boy. "That two-left footed bitch and her little kiss ass sidekick tried to sabotage one of my teammate's, your sister's, performance. Right under your nose." He turned to point at Hyemi. "They did that."

Taeyong was speechless, turning to look at the two girls with so much anger in his eyes that they both started to shake.

"No one fucks with my team, Taeyong. I don't care what you choose to do with them, but they better not screw with us again, or you'll all have it coming."