Chapter 6 | "maybe, maybe not"

"Hey Hyemi!" Yuta said, smiling down at her. "And you're Jaemin, right?"

He nodded in response.

"Nice, can't wait to be teammates with the two of you!"

"You'll have to help me convince Hyemi first." Jaemin said, nudging her shoulder.

"What? You're going to turn down the All Stars team?" Yuta said with a disbelieving laugh.

"I, uh... I don't know for sure."

Yuta hummed in acknowledgment, thinking for a moment before offering her his hand. She stated at him skeptically.

"The two of you come with me, I have something to show you." Yuta said, nodding at her with a smile.

She took his hand as he pulled her to her feet, Jaemin standing up as well. Yuta gestured them to follow as he led them back inside.

"So, Jaemin, I'm assuming you're joining us, right?" Yuta asked as they walked through the hallways.

"Absolutely, it's an honor to be able to dance with you guys." Jaemin said politely, his voice wavering ever so slightly from nervousness.

"Oh, loosen up kid, I won't bite. I'm hyped to have you on the team, we're one big happy family, so you have nothing to be nervous about." Yuta laughed out. "Even Jaehyun. He's a bit cold but you'll get used to him. He's the reason our team does so well, even though he's tough."

"Good to know." Jaemin replied, shaking off his nerves with a smile.

"So, Hyemi, I'm sure a lot of people have been asking you this but, what's your hold back for joining us? We've never had someone turn us down before." Yuta asked, now turning to look at her as they continued to make their way through the school.

"I don't know just nerves I guess. You know that Taeyong is my brother and all his teammates are friends with me. Plus, my best friends from high school are all going to be on the team, I never really thought of the possibility of me being anywhere else."

"Hmm, I get it, but you'll have friends on our team too. I mean, I'd like to think you and I are friends, or at least we will be." Yuta laughed out. "And, you also have Jaemin."

Hyemi and Jaemin shared a look, his goofy expression making her giggle.

"You guys are the best of the best, I just.... don't know if I'm good enough."

"Well, you were definitely impressive at your audition, but there's always room for improvement, and I can say with absolute certainty that your dancing will improve with us. Our team is lots of fun but also lots of hard work. It can seem scary, but we'll make sure to get you to where you need to be. I honestly don't know if you'll be able to do that if your older brother is the one critiquing you." Yuta said with a genuine smile.

"Yeah I've been thinking about that too. There's a lot of things I've been weighing lately, my head is buzzing." She said with a laugh.

"Well, enough thinking because we're here."

Yuta was standing in front of a frosted glass door with a big smile. He scanned his card and the door unlocked. He opened it and allowed Hyemi and Jaemin to walk in.

The moment she stepped foot inside the room, Hyemi's jaw dropped.

The All Stars practice room.

It was a huge, state of the art rehearsal room. The floor was a high quality vinyl performance floor with mirrors lining one wall. There was a sound system and TV setup on one side with a lounge in the far corner. In the middle of the black floor was their signature gold star symbol, the words "all stars" written beneath it. She gasped as she looked at the far wall, seeing the trophies and medals lining the shelves.