Chapter 19 | "fix this"

"You know, JaeJae, I still dance sometimes, so if you ever need help with your solo or anything, I'd be happy to look over it for you!" Yeonhee said cheerily, still clinging tightly to Jaehyun's arm.

"Uh thanks but I'm good. Also no one calls me JaeJae anymore." He said awkwardly.

"That's exactly why I call you JaeJae, it's our thing, remember?"

"Uh, no-"

"It's fine, let's go and check up on your solo, hmm?" She smiled, dragging him towards their practice room.

//

"So his girlfriend is really here now? After all that?" Jaemin asked as he tossed Hyemi her bottle.

"Yeah, right as I was starting to think there was a chance for us." She said, taking it from him with a grateful smile.

"Well don't give up hope yet, you never know what might happen, plus Yuta did say that their relationship is pretty rocky." He replied, pulling her to her feet.

"Yeah I guess...but I don't just want to be a rebound."

"True, you're so much better than that." He said with a nod. "Come on, dont get sad. Let's run this duo again to get your mind off of things." Jaemin continued, changing the subject as he turned on their music for the hip-hop duo they had started.

Hyemi smiled. She loved dancing with Jaemin. There wasn't the same chemistry as there was with Jaehyun, but he made her laugh and have fun. The two of them had a very similar dance style and it made their duets look so smooth. Their vibe and energy just hit different.

"Nice one!" Jaemin said once they had finished, high-fiving her. "I hope we make it to nationals, it would be so cool to compete this duo."

"I know right, we just have to do well at sectionals."

"Well-"

Jaemin cut off as the door opened, Jaehyun walking into the room. Hyemi instantly lit up, a smile on her face as she was about to greet him, but stopped once she heard obnoxious giggling coming from behind him and soon Yeonhee followed. Hyemi rolled her eyes, making eye contact with Jaemin who gave her a sympathetic glance.

"Hey, Hyemi. What are you two working on?" Jaehyun asked, breaking out into a smile once he saw her in the room.

"Oh, Jaemin and I were just working on a hip-hop duo for fun, just incase we need one for nationals." Hyemi replied, tossing Jaemin his towel.

"Aw that's so cute!" Yeonhee exclaimed, looking at Hyemi with a sickeningly sweet smile that was 100% fake. "You little first years think you're good enough to do a duo at nationals, aww. Let the good dancers handle that, sweetie." She said, patting Hyemi's head.

"I don't really like it when my boyfriend loses." She added under her breath with a glare, too quiet for Jaehyun to hear.

"Actually, Yeonhee, they're both-" Jaehyun started but Yeonhee cut him off again.

"It's so nice of you to let the first years compete, JaeJae, you were always such a sweetheart." She said, turning to him and clutching his arm again.

Hyemi's face hardened into a scowl as she stared at them. Jaemin noticed Hyemi's expression and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the door.

"Wait, where are you guys going?" Jaehyun asked, turning around so quick that Yeonhee stumbled off of him.

"Why does it matter, Jaejae, we're going to be busy since I'm gonna help you with your solo!" She said, quickly regripping onto him.