Chapter 6

Dominic's POV:

It's the next morning and I haven't slept since last night's incident. I couldn't take my eyes off of my baby in case something happened again.

I held his hand tightly all throughout the night as he slept. He would occasionally stir in his sleep and I would jolt awake from dozing off. Every I would go to the bathroom, I would rush to finish so that I could go back to my bunny.

My baby had a long day with everything, even before the incident, and I made it worse by putting him in isolation.

Bunny opened his eyes and looked around. When he sat up and met my eyes, he started trembling where he was sitting and looked down at his lap immediately.

"I-" His voice was hoarse. When he couldn't talk, he started coughing and I reached up for the cup of water and fed it to him.

When he was done drinking water, he wiped his mouth with his arm and started apologizing.

I didn't even let him finish his apology and hugged him as tight as I could.

"Bunny, don't apologize. I was wrong for doing that to you. I'm sorry."

"No...no, Sir shouldn't apologize. Louis wrong."

"I'm sorry, I'll treat you better." I really hope that I sound and look sincere. I don't want him scared by my face. I pulled us apart and stood up to go get some more water for my bunny.

I felt a tug on my shirt and looked down to see my bunny looking up at me from my bed. God, he is so cute when he does that. Whenever he does that, he looks like the most innocent thing in the world.

I pick him up so that he is hugging me like a koala. I have him in one arm and start filling the cup with water in the other.

"Are you hungry, baby?" He nods while blushing. He stands himself up.

"S-sir, I'll go clean up my m-mess in the I-Isolation Room."

"Baby, it's alright. I cleaned it up last night. You don't have to worry up about cleaning anything. Also, stop calling me sir." He starts laughing as I pick him up from his sides, letting him hug me like a koala, again.

Louis' POV:

I push away from his neck and look him in the eyes and ask "Um...can I s-still call you Nickie?"

"Of course you can." Answered Sir...Nickie. He set me down on the counter while he started cutting up ingredients and cooking things up. 

I looked down and smiled to hide my smile from Nickie. I was probably still in trouble for not eating my vegetables. 

"The food's ready. Let's go eat." announced Nickie. I jump off the counter and followed behind Nickie. He sat the plates down on the table and sat himself down and patted his lap. "Come here, Bunny." 

I smiled and hurried over to him and sat myself down on his lap and made myself comfortable. In front of me was a sandwich with eggs and ham in it. 

"I made you something light because of last night." I grabbed the sandwich and started eating. It wasn't the best but it was still really good and with my empty stomach, I finished it really fast. While I was eating, Nickie was eating toast with some brown powder on it and white cream thing on it and strawberries on top of it. 

"Would you like to try it, Bunny?" I nodded back extremely fast. "Yes, please." 

He cut off a small piece from the corner with some strawberries and the cream and fed it to me. It was a big mouthful of sweetness and it was the best thing I have ever tasted. 

Dominic's POV: 

My baby had his eyes wide open with joy and was glowing. 

"It's French toast. Do you like it, baby?" He nodded his head really quickly and regretted doing so, getting dizzy from that action. Breakfast continued on with me feeding him pieces of my French toast and me watching the morning news. 

"Alright baby, let's go wash up." I picked him up as I stood up and walked over to my restroom. I set him down on the sink counter and got out a new toothbrush. After I squeezed some toothpaste onto both toothbrushes, we started brushing our teeth. 

After brushing our teeth, we both washed our faces. I did my little skincare routine and I noticed a little bunny staring at me.

"Nickie, what is that?" he said, pointing to the bottle of facial toner. 

"That is toner, baby. Here." I opened the bottle and poured some onto my hand. I spread it evenly onto both my hands and lightly started slapping my bunny's face. 

He scrunched up his face while I was applying the toner onto his face and started laughing. I started squishing his cheeks so that his lips were puckered. I then gave him a small peck on his lips and went to go grab the moisturizer. When I looked back at him, he was blushing, looking at floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. 

"Look up for me, baby." He looks up right away and I start to massage the moisturizer into his skin. When I'm done, I do my face next. 

"Nickie.....can I, um, can I get another kiss?" I look up at him with warmth. I'm glad he's getting warmed up to me again. 

I go back to where he's sitting on the counter and I grab his small face in my hands and give him a peck once more. I look at his smiling face for a few seconds, him giggling, before I shower him in pecks all over the face. The wonderful sound of my baby's giggles fill the bathroom. 

I stop the shower of pecks and give him a small smile. I pick him up in one arm and walk over to the bed and place him down. 

"All right. Baby, I have to go head into work today."

"Can I go with you?" 

"No, you'll stay home with Bernard today." He tries to look okay with this decision but his eyes say something different. "It's too dangerous for you to be out when I'm working." 

"I-it's okay. Um, I'll stay home with Bear." He gives me a weak smile. 

I do feel guilt in the pit of my stomach for having to leave him alone after last night. However, taking him into work where I might lose sight of him doesn't settle right with me.

I get dressed for work while my baby is just sitting on the bed, watching me. Eventually, I do have to leave for work. 

I walk up to the door with my little bunny walking behind me. I turn around and before I could even say anything, he hugs my torso once again. 

"Bye Nickie." He tries to give me another fake smile. I give him a kiss and say that I will be back at 7 in the evening. 

I head for work with Julian behind me.