Chapter 19

Before this chapter starts, I just want to apologize for the large gap between every chapter update. I'm just really busy with school and work so I hope everyone stays until the end of the book, no matter how long it takes. :)) Also, because of the large gaps, there may be some mix ups between some details but if you could just overlook those. This story is also one that is being made as it goes, there's no set plot. 

Julian's POV; 

There was a lot of running around in the office today. Both the boys and the regular employees. Louis doesn't know and I'm not sure if Dominic wants to keep it from him but Dominic runs one of the largest tech companies in the world while also running one of the biggest gangs in the world, White Fang. Gang or mafia, call it what you want. We prefer the term 'organization'. We don't choose to be violent but we do what we have to.

The tech side of the company building is usually very busy but the other side was erratic because of the sudden security breach. The person taking pictures of Louis. Snyder was causing discomfort for Dominic, causing discomfort for the whole group. Bernard and I have been sending boys in and out throughout the city to look for anyone suspicious and not one has returned with anything stern. 

Sitting at our desks, Bernard and I let out a sigh. Bernard grabs his phone and starts to text someone. I glance at my phone. "Gonna call your girlfriend?" I look at Bernard, a sly smile on his face. "No, we're not together anymore." 

A big gasp escaped Bernard, "What happened?" The cheeky bastard was being sarcastic. "Something about me not giving her enough attention. I'm not sure. She was just screaming the whole time." A knock came from the door of our office. "Come in." 

The last person we expected to walk in was Snyder. Not wanting to seem panicked, Bernard and I stay sat at our desks, our guns ready in our hands. "Oh, I thought Dominic would be here." We only stay silent, not wanting to give even the tiniest bit of information to him. "Well, I guess I'll stay while I'm here." 

Snyder was no doubt a handsome man for his age. His hair black with streaks of gray hair to show his age. His build was also one to amaze at. Muscles gave his arms a nice frame to his body and overall, a nice fit body shape. His height at a staggering 6'2". This man's aura exuded a strange aura to it.

"Why are you here?" I break my silence first. "Well, I wanted to give Dominic a little visit but I guess you two will have to do. Let him know that what I'm going to do is only because of what his father did. I know his father is dead but because he's his son, he has to pay for what his father has done. I do feel bad for that kid, Louis, though. Don't worry though, you guys can relax for a few days." My grip on my firearm got tighter. He knew his name. He most likely knows more about Louis than we do. 

Snyder's shoes hitting the floor as he walked away brought my attention back. As he is walking away, I look over to Bernard, his face seething with anger. He was holding back from making a move that he would regret. "I'll see you boys later." He bid us goodbye as if he was a close family member. He was anything but that. 

Bernard and I have known Dominic ever since his father had chosen us to be his right hand men. Dominic was only at the age of fifteen when we had met but that was when he was introduced to White Fang as the upcoming heir. Should anything happen to his parents, he would be put into leadership immediately. Dominic was very close to his parents and the three of them had the warmest relationship I had ever seen. His father had aided him in all of the training and education needed to become the leader while his mother was always there when he needed comfort and help with injuries. But what Dominic didn't expect was to lose his parents when he was only twenty years old. His parents were on their way home when a supposed homeless man had shot both of them from the back. There were no witnesses, at least no one that wasn't paid off to say anything. We had suspicions as to who might have ordered a hit on Dominic's parents but whoever had paid the witnesses paid them enough to not talk until death. Every person we talked to and every lead we found all led to a dead end. After about three years, I noticed that Dominic had waned off of searching for his parents' killer. Over time, he stopped his search completely. 

After Bernard and I had called off the search for the day, we headed home as soon as possible to let Dominic know of what had happened. When we entered, we saw a sight that was still a little unfamiliar to us both. Dominic napping on the reclining one seater sofa with Louis also napping on top of him. Even though Bernard and I had never verbally discussed it, we were both glad that Dom had someone he could be affectionate with and it was very obviously showing just how much he cares for the kid just from how he looks at him. 

Putting our things away, Dominic awoke from the small noises we made. "Did you guys find anything today?" He stayed put as to not wake the small being on his chest. 

"Snyder paid us a visit." is all Bernard said in response. Dominic's eyebrow twitched. Bernard and I sat down in the living room as well. "He said to give you a message. That everything he's doing or going to do is because of what your parents had done." Dominic had a conflicted look on his face, almost as if he didn't know what Snyder was talking about. "He also mentioned Louis. His name. " His conflicted face become one of anger. Anger caused by the feeling of needing to protect his small partner. 

"We don't know what he'll do so put up some more boys around the city to see if they can find anything." I text each team leaders to instruct them on what to do. 

Bernard's POV: 

Lou stirs awake from atop Dominic's chest, pushing himself from Dominic's chest to sit up. The mood changes from tense to comfort for the sake of Louis. "Hey Lou, how was your day today?" 

He gives me a warm smile and does a small jog towards me. "Y-you know, Nickie took me to the aquarium today. I got to see the fish and sharks in a really big tank. I even got to play with some otters! They were so cute!!" His attention goes to Dominic for a second. "Can y-you show the pictures to Bear and Julie?" Louis' hands grabbed the cuff of my shirt in a small fist. His small body was almost jumping from excitement just from talking about his day. Dominic motions his phone towards me to let Louis hand me his phone. Looking at the pictures, even we had to admit that Louis was just too adorable. Julian rubs his face and groans, probably from how surprisingly cute the pictures came out. The next pictures were quite the surprise. Selfies of Dominic with a cute little otter on his head. When Julian and I laid our eyes on these, we both burst into laughter, falling back onto the sofa. Louis laughs with us. 

"Whatever." Dominic snatches his phone back, a small smile of embarrassment on his face, and walks towards the kitchen. "C-Can I see?" 

"Of course you can, bunny." Louis looks at the picture with same amount of endearment as when Dominic looks after Louis. The amount of hidden love between the two is suffocating. 'They should just confess to each other already.' I think.

------------

Sorry for the short update. I'm just trying to keep the readers active on here and the book alive.