Chapter 14

Louis' POV:

The bright sun shining on my face had bothered me in my sleep by how bright it was and had woken me up. Looking towards the door, away from the sun, I felt Nickie snuggle closer to me. Looking down, I see my gentle giant nuzzled into my stomach, hiding away from the sun. Looking at the clock so see that it is a few minutes before the time hits eight, I wait for Nickie to wake up, not wanting to disturb his peaceful sleep. 

The sounds of slow breathing fills the space around us, the sun beaming its heat onto my back, and Nickie's arms resting oh-so gently around my hips. It's the first time that I have ever woken up with someone cuddling me in the morning and I am basking in the feeling of waking up with someone I love.

'Someone I love?' The thought voiced itself in my head. Do I love Nickie? He's been nothing but gentle with me and always puts me first. Though we haven't even been together that long, I can say that there is something for Nickie, though I'm not sure what it is. I like spending time with Nickie and I don't want the contract in between us. Sometimes, in the school, we had submissives come back after their dominant had thrown them away, no longer finding a need for a submissive.

I don't want Nickie to throw me away. He's all I have right now. I want to stay with Nickie. And Bear. And Julie. I like all of them. The wet feeling of tears rolling down my face makes me gasp in surprise. In search of comfort, I hug Nickie's head, gathering his smell closer into me. Small whimpers make their way out of my mouth without my control and tears wet the pillow my head lays on. 

"What's wrong, baby?" Nickie looks up. Sitting up from his spot in a panic, he brings my body into a tight embrace, caressing my head. Hiccups interrupt my words, "I don't want Nickie to leave. I like it here. I want to stay with Nickie." 

Dominic's POV:

Waking up in Louis' embrace was definitely one of the best things but waking up to hear him crying was not a good thing for me. I want him to be happy, always. And to hear the reason as to why my baby was crying was another surprise. I'm glad to hear that he doesn't want to leave. He wants to stay by my side.

"I won't leave, baby. Please stop crying, I don't want to see you crying." A small nod for a response. I bring his face to take a look, wiping his tears away while he continues to cry. 

'I guess his anxiety is as severe as he said.'

After a few minutes, his tears disappear and only small hiccups escape his mouth. "Are you ok now?" I look down. Louis' small fists grab my shirt and he whispers a small 'yes'. Picking the small boy up, I walk us to the bathroom. "Let's get ready, baby." 

I wash his face with cold water to calm the puffiness that followed after his crying. He flinches away from the cold water, clenching his eyes shut. We both brush our teeth, change into day clothes and head out to go eat breakfast, Louis being a little extra clingy. I will never hate that. I want him to be clingy. 

Walking into the living area with Louis in one arm, we see Bernard still making breakfast and Julian on the phone with, I suppose, one of our men. "I told you to watch him carefully and he escaped on your watch. Wait until we get to the office," is all I hear before he hangs up the phone. I put Louis down to stand on the floor and he gives me a small peck on the cheek before running away to Bernard. 

'What the hell?' He's been a little more affectionate these past two days. In no way am I complaining, but it's just a very pleasant surprise. 

Louis' POV:

I grab a hold of Bear's shirt to grab the large man's attention and look to see what he is cooking. "W-what are you c-cooking, Bear?" He looks down at me and then back to the food. "Good morning, Lou. I'm making pancakes for you and omelettes for us. Go sit, it'll be ready soon." I give him a small nod in response. 

Listening to his command, I go to sit at the dining table, turning around in the chair to look at Nickie, who is talking to Julie. I can't hear what they are saying over the sizzling on the stove and the background noise of the TV but I could tell that he was upset about something. Getting out of the chair, I walk over to Nickie and Julie and sit myself in Nickie's lap. 

In an attempt to calm him down, I ask, "C-can I play with y-your hair, Nickie?" Confusion washes over his face at the very sudden question but a simple nod follows after. Having no hair ties or hair bows is kind of boring and makes it hard to do his hair. Making small braids here and there and making small buns here and there, Julie starts laughing. I stand to get a good look at Nickie's face and see that his hair is a mess, hair falling everywhere and braids placed like a mess. Embarrassed at my work, I take it all down in a small fit and pull on Nickie's arm. 

"Let's go eat, Nickie." He responds with a small 'ok' and stands up, giving my lips a small peck, a small smile making its way onto my face and I follow behind. 

Some conversation is brought between the three men while I stare off into space, enjoying my pancakes. 'Bear is such a good cook.' 

"Bunny, Julian is gonna stay with you today. If he does anything mean to you, call me." Nickie told me while patting my head. "Hey, I'm not mean to kids." I had never thought of myself as a kid, or an adult at that. I never really had a proper childhood with toys, friends, or parents. But I have Nickie now, so it's okay. Also, I've never really talked to Julian much but he seems like a nice man. 

When everyone had finished eating their portions, we put the plates away and went their separate ways. When Bernard went to get his coat, so did Nickie, but both were in a hurry, I was too slow in following Nickie. Both came out, dressed up in suits and long coats, and began putting their shoes on, continuing their hurry. Nickie gave me another quick peck on the lips and said, "I'll be busy today so I might come home late today," and with that, he and Bernard left. 

Julie had went into his bedroom after eating and hadn't come out since, leaving me in the living area, alone. The only sound heard was the TV playing a show that didn't look that interesting at a low volume. I didn't have a phone to play on or something to study to distract me from the loneliness. Then the memory of no one having done the dishes came into my mind, leading me into the kitchen to start the dishes. After having done the dishes, I noticed the stoved had splatters of oil everywhere, so I cleaned that. Then I noticed that the floor had dust and crumbs of something in the corners, so I cleaned that too. Then I noticed that the table had streak marks everywhere, so I cleaned that too. A feeling of accomplishment wiped over and I wiped the sweat that fell down my forehead. The kitchen and dining area were sparkling clean. 

Doing all of that had taken a few hours and that is when Julie had finally come out of his room. He looks around at the cleanliness, "You didn't have to do that, kid. I would have done it but thanks, I guess." He grabs a snack out of the fridge and I notice how empty the fridge is. "Guess we have to get some groceries. Wanna come with, kid?" I had never been grocery shopping and the thought of seeing what a grocery store looked like excited me. An excited nod shakes my head. 

"Ok, go get dressed. It's cold outside." I excitedly run over to the closet and put on the warmest clothes that I have. Upon noticing that I don't have any warm jackets, I look around in Nickie's side of the closet and warily grab one of his hoodies. 'I can borrow this right? I'll just put it back later.' Without a second thought, I put on the large hoodie and it drops to right above my knees. Wanting to hurry, I run back out to the living area and put my boots on, impatiently waiting for Julie.

He finally walks out in a hoodie and casual dress pants, putting on his sneakers beside me. 

He jangles his car keys. "Let's go."