Chapter 9

Louis' POV: 

I rushed into the bathroom and started digging into the bags to look for a decent looking outfit. A lot of the clothes that Nickie bought were sweaters, shorts, and just jeans. I didn't wanna buy too much because then I'd feel guilty for spending too much money, which I already did. I'm grateful that Nickie bought me clothes to begin with, even though he didn't need to, but I don't know why he chose such expensive clothes.

Taking the clothes out of the bags and placing them on the bathroom counter, I sigh, looking at the price tags. The cheapest thing we got today was at least eight hundred dollars and that was only for some shorts. 

I put together an outfit and put it on. A simple white t-shirt with a big rainbow on the back, on the front was a logo with a G and a backwards G. I had no idea with the brand was. Pairing the shirt with black and white plaid shorts. In my opinion, the outfit was fine but then again, I don't really have much of a fashion sense. 

I walk back out into Nickie's room and see him look up from his phone. 

Dominic's POV: 

Hearing the bathroom door open, I look up to see Louis coming out in new clothes. I've only seen him in my shirts so seeing him in clothes that actually fit was a nice change. 

I could see his buttcheeks peeking out from under the shorts. He's not going to be wearing those outside of the house. Especially not with what happened today at the store. 

"Nickie?" Louis calls out. 

"Yes, baby?" 

"I-I asked if this was okay. Y-you weren't listening." He looks down at the floor, dejected. I quickly get up from the bed and hug him from his spot, placing my head on top of his own. 

"I'm sorry, baby, I was looking at how beautiful you were." He looks up to me, chin resting on my chest.

"How is it?" He asks me one more time. "You look adorable, baby." He scrunches his eyebrows together and whines, "Not me, the clothes, Nickie." I respond back with a chuckle. "They look good. How about you show me another outfit?"

He gives me a smile and gives me a quick ok and heads back to the bathroom. 

As the days have passed, I've noticed that Louis tends to get really happy when he gets a compliment or praise of any kind and if ignored, his mood plummets. It's cute that he's become so attached to me already and I'm not complaining at all. If anything, I want him to be more attached. 

After trying on all of the outfits we bought today, Bernard had announced that dinner was ready. While the four of ate, Louis inhaled his food quickly. We all watched in amazement. 

"I'm sorry. I was hungry." Louis shrinks in his seat. 

I go to pet his head and he looks up at me with eyes resembling a puppy's. Letting out a small laugh, his face relaxes into warm smile. Eyes of endearment. 

He is the sweetest thing in this world. 

After all four of us finish dinner, Julian grabs all of the plates and utensils from the table and starts to clean up, me helping as well. Bernard heads over to the living room, opening up his laptop, staring his work. Louis, still sitting at the table, stares at me and Julian doing the dishes. After finishing the cleaning, I walk over to Louis.

"Hands up." I instruct him. He raises his hands and I snake an arm around his waist and raise him from his seat. 

Louis lets out a yelp and wraps his arms around my neck. I chuckle at the response. We have a lot of time until he has to sleep. I walk to single couch in the living room and plop down onto the couch. Once I make myself comfortable, Louis settles himself in my lap. Turning the TV on and browsing for a while, we decide that there's nothing interesting to watch. I just flip to a random channel and leave it running for background noise. 

"Louis, baby. Did you want to buy anything else today?" This question catches his attention and he faces me. 

"N-no. Nickie already bought me a lot today." 

"I asked if you wanted anything else." 

He looks down and starts playing with his hands. "Umm....I saw a big t-teddy bear today. I want him for when Nickie i-isn't home and I'm a-alone. That way, I-I won't bother you at work a-anymore." 

My baby thinks he's bothering me and that is never a problem. "Baby, you are never a bother. If you want that teddy bear, I'll get it for you. And you won't be alone anymore, there will always be someone with you. Bernard or Julian." 

He gives me that warm smile of his and hugs my neck tightly. I hug him back, rubbing his back. 

After a while of just watching the TV, Bernard is still working, Julian is probably in his room, on the phone with his girlfriend, and Louis is asleep on my chest. 

His head on my chest, lips apart. His back slowly rising and falling. His arms, by my side, wrapping me in warmth. 

Of course, he would be tired after the drama that happened today. It would definitely put a toll on his small body. After gazing at this innocent beauty, I decide that it would be more comfortable for my baby to sleep on an actual bed. Entering our bedroom, I place him under the covers and walk myself to the bathroom to wash myself up for bed, checking on Louis every so often. 

Finally finishing my routine, I snuggle Louis against my chest, hugging him like a bear. Placing us in a good night's sleep. 

I would do anything to protect him. 

Louis' POV: 

It's so warm. Every part of my body feels warm. 

I open my eyes to a chest and looking up, I see Nickie looking down at me. 

"Good morning, baby." I shy back down into his chest, hiding. Nickie chuckles and pecks my head. His morning voice scared me for a second. 

"G-good morning, Nickie." Peeking, I see he is still staring at me. "Let's get up, yes?" 

"Mhm." is all I reply with. Once stretching and taking a few steps, something on the corner couch catches my eye.