Chapter 16

Dominic's POV:

Hearing Louis being able to enjoy his day and have fun seeing new things brings me peace. I only wish that I was the one to be with him during all of those times. I figured that since the school is pretty shut away from the outside world, the submissives that live there wouldn't know much about the world. 

After dinner, Louis had insisted that he was tired even after his nap and had retired to our bed. I head to the living room after waiting for Louis to fall asleep into a deep slumber. 

"Dom, come here." I was called to the table where both Julian and Bernard sit, waiting with a letter in his hand. "Someone's watching Louis." Bernard hands me a letter and an envelope. Opening the letter and taking its content out, multiple pictures of Louis fall out onto the table. A picture of Louis looking at a teddy bear on a shelf at Target, a picture of Louis coming out of the school, a picture of Louis playing in the snow and more pictures of my baby. Opening the letter, skimming over the contents, at the bottom of the letter was a signature that read 'Snyder'. 

Paranoia. The feeling had washed over me for the first time in my life. The feeling had made me think many things all at once. Where's Louis? Is Louis hurt? Is he okay? Is there someone watching Louis right now? 

My body moved on its own. Louis was wrapped in the blankets, his face buried in the pillow. That feeling of paranoia made me move again. I gathered my small boy in my arms tightly. The movement caused him to wake just a little, a small groan coming out from him. 

"Go back to sleep, baby. It's okay." He nuzzled into my neck and I nuzzle him back, trying to give myself some comfort. 

I pull his hoodie over head to keep the light from the disturbing his sleep as I walk back into the living room. Bernard and Julian were making phone calls to the boys, ordering more security for the apartment, not bringing up Louis' presence. This would be the first that the boys would be guarding our place. We had never needed it before. 

"We ordered a unit of the guys to come guard the entrance and another unit to keep an eye on the outside. Just like usual, one of us will stay will Louis at all times." There was something missing.

"Louis will be with me at all times." I announced. I sat down on one of the dining table chairs, Louis hiding his face in the nook of my shoulder and neck, away from the light. Small sounds of him breathing reassured me. "What about the boys? You wanted to hide him from them, no?" 

"There's no point now. I want Louis to have the most protection, even if it's from that rat." 

It's the first time in my life that I had felt this endearing feeling of wanting to protect someone that I cherish. Even though we have not been together for long, I wanted to protect Louis and his shining innocence. I will be there to protect him, even if it takes my own life. His happiness is all that I wish for. 

"The boys will be coming here anyways, so there's no point in trying to hide him away. Not with how nosy they are." The boys were weirdly always wondering what was going on with my life or wanting to help me in every way possible. There was a time when some of the boys heard of my father's death and had come to try to comfort me. They brought me small presents, ice cream, boxes of tissues, and many other things in an attempt to comfort me. 

"The boys do look up to you. It's almost like they're in love with you." Bernard had a mocking smile displayed on his face. 

The mood was brought out of its dread from before, Bernard and Julian making light jokes about the situation. 

The next day, the boys had arrived and Julian was giving them specific instructions on what to do. Though my baby was still tired in the early morning, I had thought it a good idea to introduce him to the two guarding our apartment entrance.  

Wearing the same hoodie of mine from yesterday, I carried Louis in my arm to the living room. The two guarding the door, Joseph and Adi. Both came from Mr. Wills' training program and were the two top students of his, the best choice to protect Louis besides Bernard and Julian. The two stand at the door, inside of the apartment, talking to Julian. "You'll be meeting the boss's partner, he's a submissive but he's fragile so be nice to him." The two never questioned the gender of my partner. 

Drawing closer, Louis noticed the two guards and tightened his grip on my shoulder, visibly tensing. Ever since he left the school, he had only been surrounded by men twice his stature, it's normal for him to be scared and it would be a nice change to have a woman around. "Bunny, this is Joseph and Adi. They'll be at the door, protecting you from the outside." 

He looks up to meet the eyes of the guards only to look back down, a sign of submission. "H-hello," is all he says. He hides back into my shoulder. "Ok, so you two will be at our door, you two can decide the rotation, if you-" Adi looks at Louis with a small smile begging to be let out, her face saying 'God, I want to squeeze him." I clear me throat to regain her attention. 

"Like I was saying, you two will be guarding our door, rotation, whether or not you two decide to have one, will be up to you. Either Julian or Bernard will be with Louis at all times when I am not.  Clear?" They both nod in sync. They both head outside to guard our door while I bring Louis over to the couch. 

"Bunny, I'll stay home with you today." A big, shining smile had taken over Louis' face. "R-really?" Since Louis had been brought here, we had never had a day just the two of us, so finally being able to have a whole day with him to myself is a blessing. "I have a q-question." He waits for approval, which is given. "Why...why is there people here?" 

The last thing I want to give my bunny is a fright of being chased by a bad man but if I don't tell him, I would be keeping a secret from him, especially one that has to do with his own safety. "There's a bad man that wants to take you away from me. I can't let him take you, bunny." 

An expression that I never wanted on Louis' face had been expressed. A look of fright. "Hey, hey. It's ok. I'm here. Julian and Bernard are here. Joseph and Adi are also here. No one is taking you." Squeezing his small body, I rock him back and forth to provide reassurance. He had just gotten comfortable here and the thought of someone taking him away must've frightened him. 

Louis' POV:

I like Nickie. And Julian. And Bernard.

I don't want to go anywhere or be taken away anywhere unless Nickie is with me. I clutch Nickie's shirt as tight as possible, my form trembling and tears at the verge of falling. Nickie provided comfort to the best of his abilities. 

After a long session of comfort, Nickie spoke first. "I think Adi wants to meet you. Do you remember her?" I nod my head. "Do you wanna talk to her?" Hesitantly, I nod my head again.

My whole life, I had only had male figures surrounding me. At the school, all of the submissives were separated by gender and all of the trainers there were male. Even when I was brought to Nickie's home, it was all men. I had grown somewhat comfortable around boys and men but Nickie's home was where I grew the most comfortable. I don't know if women act differently or if they speak in a different way. The only woman that had been in my life was my mother. But she was only in my life for such a short time before leaving me at the school. 

"Stay here, I'll be right back." Nickie opened the front entrance slightly, sticking his head out, saying something that I couldn't make out. In came Adi, with a big smile on her face. Even I could tell that she was excited.

'I wonder why she's so excited.'