━chapter 2

Chapter 2
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

The story wasn't so different this time around

The story wasn't so different this time around. Gringotts was still broken into. The Gryffindor trio's curiosity was still sparked. Though, this time, for one reason or another—whether that reason was Adhara or not didn't matter—Ron helped Harry get a subscription with The Prophet. The latter now religiously read the newspaper, checking if they found out anything on the thief.

Completely disregarding the food in front of him, Harry browsed through each column, skipping over the gossip section. He didn't know any of the people mentioned anyway.

He couldn't understand why he was so concerned about the robbery himself. It wasn't any of his business, therefore it shouldn't matter to him at all. But Harry felt the familiar ache in his throat when he first read the article. The same was that pushed him to shout at the Dursley's with the need to prove himself.

It made absolutely no sense.

Ron looked at Harry's empty plate, which was in a complete opposite state than his own, and shoved a toast in his friend's mouth.

Harry spat it out, scowling at Ron.

"Put it down, will ya? There's nothing about the vault in that. You checked it already." He took the paper away from him, and put another toast on his plate. "Eat first, research after."

"M'not hungry."

"Funny. I don't remember asking."

Harry glared again but took a bite of his toast anyway.

Hermione, who was sitting across from them, spoke up, "I think we should ask the Gamekeeper. You said he was the one who emptied the vault, no?"

"His name is Hagrid," stressed Harry. It wasn't a hard name to remember.

"Since when were you any part of 'we'?"

Hermione frowned at Ron.

Harry was about to say something to Hermione when the scene behind her caught his attention instead.

Hermione, who noticed Harry's line of vision turned around to see what was happening. Black sat at the Slytherin table, Black was quietly eating her breakfast as someone taunted her from behind. It wasn't Malfoy this time, but a girl from their year, with her hair cut short and a flat round nose she held too high.

Black seemed to pay no mind to them.

Ron spoke first, "Gee, talk about unpopular. Seems like no one in her House likes her."

"Why not?" asked Hermione. "Isn't her family a Noble House or something?" She was still learning about the wizarding community, so she didn't know much of the Pureblood Families yet. Although, she did know enough to know their opinions on blood status with the limited knowledge she had about the war and with the comments she received in the hallways. Hermione may not know a lot about Adhara Black, but she knew her name meant something to the pureblood community.