━chapter 1

Chapter 1
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

HARRY POTTER DIDN'T KNOW  WHAT TIME IT WAS, BUT THE CLOCK IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOM WAS CHIMING LOUDLY

HARRY POTTER DIDN'T KNOW  WHAT TIME IT WAS, BUT THE CLOCK IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOM WAS CHIMING LOUDLY. The sound helped to finally force him back to reality, allowing Harry to register the sight of the broken tea table. The events of the evening were playing in his mind on a never-ending loop, but he seemed to not have realized he was surrounded by broken bits of wood until this instance.

Vernon's words got to him once more tonight, and this time, Harry wondered why the blood that coursed though his veins boiled so easily. These days, it was as through he felt things more, anger more often than anything else. For any other emotions, Harry didn't even know he was feeling something until someone pointed it out to him. But for anger, he didn't need anyone to help him identify it. Whenever Harry got angry, it was easy to tell. His jaw clenched, his teeth grind, and there was always a mess to clean afterwards.

Silently, he grabbed the broom someone left for him and got to work, ignoring the pain on his cheek. Dudley's hit had definitely left a bruise.

Harry promised Sirius he would be patient. Just a couple more days and Harry would never have to see his uncle and aunt ever again. But the trials were taking longer than anticipated, and a couple of days turned into a week, and one week turned into two. He wrote to Professor Lupin, to know if he could stay with him instead—a letter he had to build up quite the courage to write because Harry wasn't used to asking for things. But the man explained that was impossible, and that Harry would have to continue being patient. Enjoy the last few days with your family, he wrote.

Yeah, right. If only they knew.

Nonetheless, Harry tried his best to keep the promise with his godfather. Biting his tongue at the Dursleys' snide comments, walking away when the topic of his parents arose. He already told them about Sirius, about how Harry wouldn't be living with them anymore in a few days. It was the first thing he did when he returned to Privet Drive. As expected, his uncle and aunt seemed relieved, happy about not having to take care of him anymore. The freak will leave, allowing them finally do things as a family without having a burden to worry about.

And then they started to add comments about his godfather in their mix of insults. All the fear they felt just last year disappeared when they were informed about the man's trials. Innocent or not, didn't matter to them. In fact, Vernon was convinced Sirius wasn't. He was convinced that Black was, in reality, paying his way out of his punishment.

"And where are they keeping your godfather in the meantime?" he asked tonight. "Locked up in a cell?"

Harry took a deep breath. "No, uncle Vernon. He's in a hospital."

"Hospital?" he scoffed. "The sum must be larger than I imagined. Honestly, why should low-life criminals like that receive any sort of medical attention? They don't even pay! That money comes out of my tax money!"