━chapter 6

Chapter 6
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

"WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?" SHE MUMBLED

"WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?" SHE MUMBLED. "Sticking his nose into things that aren't his business. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

Adhara stumbled over her feet, trying to walk as fast as she could. Hermione and she had to take the longer route to Arithmancy; Professor Lupin was in the corridor they usually took to reach the classroom, and Adhara was hellbent on avoiding the man.

He's been acting strange ever since the boggart lesson: keeping a closer eye on her, asking her friends and her about their day. He wasn't the only one who was keeping an annoyingly close watch of her, other professors started doing the same, ever since that article was released. Ever since her beloved uncle escaped.

It was all very unnecessary. Whether the attention came from worry about the nature of her boggart or simply because of her last name didn't matter to her. Either way, Adhara did not enjoy it once bit. She liked it better when adults left her alone.

Next to her, Hermione shook her head.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just thinking how Harry and you are two different sides of the same coin."

"What's that supposed to mean."

"This situation," she gestured between them, "reminds me of a conversation I had with him back in first year."

"What conversation?"

"Oh, it's not that important. But," she stopped, looking directly at Adhara, "I did tell him this: we look after him not because we think he is helpless, but because we care about him and want to help him."

Adhara shifted uncomfortably in her spot.

"The same thing applies to you, Adhara Black. So let us look after you."

"I don't need you to do that."

"I never said you needed it. I'm doing it cause I want to. And you can't stop me."

Adhara made a grumbling sound. Even if that was the teacher's actual motive, she did not welcome it.

"Professor Lupin isn't trying to help me. He's keeping an eye on me."

"Why would he do that?"

Taking in a deep breath, Adhara started to explain to the girl about Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew and James Potter.

"They were all friends?"

"Yes."

"How do you know that?"

"My father mentioned them in his letters a few times. So yes, Lupin is only keeping an eye on me because I'm Sirius Black's niece, and he doesn't want what happened to James Potter to happen to Harry too."