━chapter 12

Chapter 12
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

HARRY WAS BORN WITH A PLACE CARVED OUT FOR ANGER IN HIS CHEST.

It came in handy. When, he let that place fill up and take over his senses. When he let it overcome any other emotions, replacing the droop of dread and anxiety in his stomach with anger and shouts until his throat throbbed.

Harry wasn't patient. He was angry, and he knew that. He wore his anger like a knight donned his armour, shielding himself with it from disappointment before any other emotions got to him first.

It flared like a hot fire in his chest, almost like it was keeping him warm. Almost like it was comforting.

The blue fire in the goblet flickered like the wind, spitting out parchment and names and ink. For once, the houses cheered as one united school instead of four different ones.

Then, the goblet howled once more. It spat out Harry's name like it was a lie, the Great Hall going silent as ice settled in Harry's stomach.

Harry froze.

━━━

Adhara's head snapped towards Harry before Dumbledore even finished reciting his name. Her brother's eyes were blown wide, mouth hanging open as fear visibly took over his expression.

She felt a hand on top of hers.

"Adhara," came Millie's voice, "unclasp your hands. You'll hurt yourself again."

But Adhi wasn't listening. Her eyes turned towards Hermione and Ron. Weasley seemed deceptively calm, though Mione was trying to get Harry out of his head since he was obviously not hearing anybody.

Which was a good thing, Adhara thought. Because silence soon diminished, words of outrage flying around the hall.

Adhara took a deep breath, fingers squeezing even tighter into a fist. Halloween really wasn't a pleasant day.

━━━━

The year Harry discovered the existence of the magical world, he had been too gullible. Too trusting, too innocent, too stupid to see things for what they were.

He trusted Hagrid's words too easily, taking the man's views of good and bad and aligning them with his own childish ones. Harry drank up every word that Hagrid fed to him. That the Light fed to him.

He drank up all the applauses they threw at Dumbledore and saw him in the same way they did: a powerful man with good intentions.

Harry knew that Dumbledore was the one who ensured Harry attended Hogwarts. He was the one who sent all the owls and then Hagrid, not stopping until he was sure Harry would be at school on September 1st. He was able to get him out of the Dursleys'.

Harry had been grateful for that. So much so that he started to look up to the Headmaster. After all, he was a powerful man with good intentions.

But then, the man sent him back to Privet Drive once school was over. In the end, it was Adhara who helped him leave that place again in the summer, and she did so without power.