━chapter 3

Chapter 3
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

It was late one night, a few days before winter break when Harry and Hermione sat in front of the fireplace

It was late one night, a few days before winter break when Harry and Hermione sat in front of the fireplace. Library books surrounded them as they tried to find more information about a man named Nicholas Flamel. Ron was sound asleep on the couch behind the duo. The flickering light of the fireplace created shadows on his face that Harry felt like tracing them with his fingers. He didn't though. Because Ron was a light sleeper. And he didn't want to wake him up. Though, that didn't stop him from speaking loudly.

Harry flung his book close, throwing it across the room. "This is pointless. We're never going to find anything in these books."

Hermione sighed at his behaviour, but she knew he was right. She closed her book also.

Harry leaned against an upholstered chair, resting his head on the seat and closing his eyes. They've been searching for this Nicholas Flamel for weeks without any lead. And yet his name sounded awfully familiar. Only Harry couldn't put his finger on why it sounded so familiar, which made everything more frustrating.

He peeked at Hermione through one open eye. She was absentmindedly biting her thumbnail, obviously lost in thought so he elbowed her slightly, rousing her from her reverie.

"We should ask Adhara for help."

Harry pursed his lips. He admitted he had thought of the idea before, but he didn't like it very much.

"No."

"Why not? Four heads are better than three."

"I don't trust her."

"Well, I do. She's great! She even defended you that day in the courtyard! Against Midge!"

"She hexed him, that's what she did."

"Technically none of the spells she used were hexes. Only charms."

Harry shot up. "Really?"

"Yes," Hermione rolled her eyes. "And Fred and George hex people all the time. You don't have any problem with them."

"They're different."

"Why? Because they aren't Slytherin?"

"Exactly."

"And what's so wrong with Slytherins?"

Harry glared at his feet. He didn't know if he wanted to share the whole truth yet. He opted to tell her another truth instead. "Hagrid said that there isn't a wizard gone bad who wasn't in Slytherin."

"Well, that's just stupid. Midge is a jerk and he is a Hufflepuff. Not to mention none of his friends wore green."

He noticed this too, he just didn't want to admit it yet. Harry picked a random book from the pile and started flipping through it, not really reading.