━chapter 4

Chapter 4
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

Millie didn't like talking about her family very much, and Adhara wasn't the kind of person to pry in such matters

Millie didn't like talking about her family very much, and Adhara wasn't the kind of person to pry in such matters. Her own home life wasn't her favourite topic of conversation, so she could understand why her friend felt the same way.

However, with what little information both Hermione and she got from Millie's passing comments, they managed to gather two things: Millie's mother was muggleborn, and her pureblood father didn't like talking about that.

And with the sheer amount of times she mentioned her mother rather than her father, it wasn't difficult to tell which of her parents she was more fond of. It's only unfortunate that Millie's mother wasn't in the picture anymore.

On their third week of lessons, Adhara and Millicent sat at breakfast at the Slytherin table. Hermione seemed to be nowhere in sight even though usually they ate together in the morning, at whosever's table got to the Hall first, and then walked to class together.

Most of the professors were already there, chatting amongst themselves. And although both Slytherins sat right next to the teacher's table, they couldn't make out any of the conversations. Hermione once voiced how she thought they might be using a muffling spell, one that Adhara was very eager to use herself someday.

Neither of them had taken a bite of their breakfast yet, with Adhara still taking her time to cut her egg roll and sausage into small pieces and Millie too engrossed on the walkman she was holding.

"Where did you even get that?"

"I have a box of my mum's old stuff hidden in my room back home. I found it in there, have been trying to make it work for ages."

"And your dad's got no problem with it?"

"He doesn't know about it."

Adhara shook her head. "You shouldn't have to hide this from him."

"He means well."

"It's only a Walkman."

Millie let out a sigh. "I- I know. Let's jus- Let's not talk about this. Please?"

Adhara didn't bother to argue. The conversation wouldn't lead anywhere at all, so she went back to eating her breakfast. Just as she was about to take her first bite, however, the device in Millie's hand burst out, making them both jump.

━━

The high-pitched shoutings of students shrilled through the air of the Great Hall. Harry, Ron and Hermione walked into utter chaos. Oddly though, the entire student body was huddled over to the Slytherin table as some of them tried to peak over others' shoulders.

The three exchanged a look before maneuvering their way towards the front, where the students were mostly crammed and found Adhara and Millie under the mess. Adhara looked rather miffed, obviously annoyed with all the people swarming them. She kept glaring daggers at Millie, who, in return, only shrugged her shoulders, looking smug. She proudly lifted her walkman that was blasting a song that even Harry was able to recognize.