chapter 21

- sylvanna's POV -

i've been planning to leave the house for days after i called aphmau after she left for her trip, i kept calling her daily and left messages on her voicemail, im convinced that something happened to her, i can just feel it.

i rolled over to check the time, it read 12:37 in the morning, i look over at eric, who's asleep, he doesnt have any idea on what im about to do, i feel guilty for leaving him, but i have to do this, my mijah could be in greater danger than i fear.

i slowly get up and head to the bethroom, where i stored a suitcase and duffel bad full of clothes and nessecary supplies for my trip, i open the cupboards and reached to the back and pull out my suitcase and bag and quietly exit the bathroom.

i quickly go downstairs and into the living room and grab my shoes and decide to put them on outside so i make less noise, i look over at celestia sleeping on her bed, i scratch behind her ears and say goodbye to her, she wakes up and licks my hands and wags her tail, after i stand up she puts her head back down and falls back asleep.

i take a note out of my pants pocket that i written this morning and flatten out the creases the best i can and leave it on the counter, i take one last look at the house, take a deep breath, and ran to the car after i locked the door.

i started the car as quick as i could and reversed out of the driveway and speeded away, looking back to see if eric noticed and relieved that he was still asleep.

"alright..."

i slowed down the car once i was far away from home and let out a sigh of relief, i was heading for the airport that me and eric went to go to love love paradise. i remember a couple days before we went back home, eric asked me out during that trip.

i was pulled out of my daze by a call from eric, i started to panic. did i share my location with him?? can he see where i am?? i swipe away his call and checked to see if he was able to track my location, it turns out he was. i quickly stopped sharing my location with him.

a few minutes later he tried to call again, i ignored the call, as i did with all of his other ones. after about 10 minutes he stopped calling and i sighed again, i started to get second thoughts about this whole thing. maybe i should have brought eric along with me, but i cant go back now, i have a flight that leaves pretty soon.

i finally arrive at the airport and park my car at the only available spot i can see, which is luckily very close to the actual building.

i sit down at one of the plastic chairs as i wait for my flight to start boarding and i start to feel better about this. even if eric knew where i was, he wouldnt make it in time to stop me, ill text him to let him know im ok once im on the plane.

"flight to starlight adventure park boarding now, flight to starlight boarding now."

i quickly jump up from my seat, desperate to get on board as soon as possible, i walk quickly to get my bags checked. once im all cleared i find the entrance to my flight and stuff my bags over my seat.

i take out my phone and see many missed calls and texts from eric, i immediatly feel a mixture of guilt and nausea, i open his texts and quickly skim through them all, each of them saying something along the lines of, "where are you??" "please answer my calls" "sylvanna??"

"are you at the airport?" that one made me feel even more sick, good thing i was sitting by the window.

i should text him now so he wont have to worry.

- eric's POV -

i woke up to the sound of the door opening, i stand up quickly, to see if there was an intruder. i ran downstairs and looked around, celestia wasnt riled at all and nothing seemed out of place, except for a note on the counter.

"eric -

i cant explain everything in one letter so ill have to keep this short. im leaving to go find aphmau, she hasnt answered my calls or texts and im starting to realize she might be in serious danger. i want to bring you along , i really do, but this is something i have to do alone. so please dont try to find me, ill hopefully be home soon."

i dropped the letter after i finished reading and ran upstairs to grab my phone to see if sylvanna texted to tell me where she is. no texts or calls from recently...
i pull back the curtains, hoping i might be able to see the car still in the driveway. i sigh and close the curtains when i see the driveway empty.
i walk downstairs and re read the note, if she's going to go find aphmau, she might be going to the airport...
i pick up my phone again and try to call her, she doesn't pick up so i try a few more times. once it's clear that she's not going to respond, i give up calling and try texting instead.
about 10 minutes after i texted, i saw that she read them. i sit up and start to type, but i see she's doing the same, so i delete my message and wait for it to send.
i hear my phone go off a minute later, she sent a short paragraph:
"hey googy bear :(
yeah i'm at the airport, i'm sorry i left with no warning but i'm worried that my daughter is in danger and needs my help. i'll hopefully be back soon."

sylvanna's POV
i lean back in my chair after i sent the message, i feel my phone buzzing in my lap but i don't bother to check, i decided this morning that i'm going to sleep on the plane so i won't be tired when i arrive to starlight so i can be more aware of small details that may lead me to aphmau.