Chapter 23

Travis's POV

It's been at least a week since me and Katelyn showed up in this...place.

Ever since we got injected with the serum Michael gave us, we've been trapped here ever since, excluding the few hours Ein pulled me out to help out Zane after Michael beat him to a pulp.
A cool thing about this place, though, is that we have these screens that show us what our possessed body is seeing, kind of like Inside Out!

Me and Katelyn are both trying to stay optimistic here, but I don't know how long we can last here. Aphmau, Lucinda and Zane all must be here, but we're losing hope, we haven't run into them yet.
Well, maybe that's because we refuse to leave our screens, we don't wanna get lost.

We don't need food or water here, another cool thing here.

We've been seeing Zane talking to Ein, we have no idea what they're talking about.. something about a "celestial canon", whatever that is.
We've been watching Zane a lot, and it looks like there's sometimes where he's possessed by the potion, and other times where he's free.. How does he do that??
We'd have to go find him to find out what's going on, though. Which brings me back to the topic of leaving the screens.

"Hey, Kate.. I think we should go look for the others. It's been about a week now."

"I know, it's just.. I don't want to get lost.. this place is already creepy enough. Imagine it without the brightness of these screen thingies.."

"Yeah, that is pretty scary. But, I think we should give it a shot, what else is there to do, right?"

"...Ok. I'm in."

"Woohoo!" I jump up, my legs tingling from sitting criss cross applesauce for too long.

"Mi'lady?" I reach out my hand to Katelyn

She snorts and takes it, "Dork."

"Hmm.. I think we should start going this direction!" Katelyn's hand still in mine, we set off left.

Lucinda's POV

I've known Zane for a few years now, but i've never really gotten to know him.
He's actually pretty funny!

The whole time we searched for Travis and Katelyn, we both cracked jokes and told stories to keep our spirits high, and I have to say it worked.

But, after searching for almost 2 hours, we realized that we weren't going to find them today.

The whole mood changed on our way back, we had high hopes to find those two, I guess we weren't ready to accept reality.

The 2 hour walk back wasn't fun, but luckily in this void, you don't need food or water, so we weren't slowed down by anything like that.

We finally saw a speck of white light in the distance, mine and Aphmau's screen!

We started to jog towards the light, anxious to get back to Aphmau after leaving her for four hours.

Then we heard her scream.

Katelyn's POV

We've been walking for nearly two hours now, I was constantly ready to give up and go back, but Travis kept convincing me that we'd find the trio.
 I'm really glad he did, because almost five minutes after Travis convinced me to stay again, i saw a white light.

I hit Travis's shoulder.

"Ow! That really hurt!" he started rubbing his arm.

"Shut up! Do you see that?!"

He looked up to where I was pointing and gasped

"NO WAY!"

"WE MADE IT TRAVIS, WE MADE IT!"

Still holding hands, we both started to run towards the light as fast as we could, as we got closer I started to see the sihlouette of someone I would recognize anywhere.

"APHMAU!"

She whipped her head in my direction, quickly scrambling to her feet and screamed louder than I ever heard her scream in my life

Zane's POV

"Shit! Is she hurt!?"

"I don't know, come on!"

We both ran at full speed towards Aphmau, scared to see what was wrong.

I really hope she isn't dead.

Once we got close enough to actually see her, it wasn't just her, there were two other people, one with bright blue hair, and the other with hair whiter than snow.

"OH MY IRENE! TRAVIS!"

He looked up at me and Lucinda, so did Katelyn.

"KATIE!" Lucinda ran straight towards Katelyn and tackled her to the floor in a hug.

Before I could laugh at the two of them, I was tackled in my own hug.

"Oof!"

"HOLY SHIT, MAN! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH"

We both sat up, he was smiling so hard I could barely see his eyes.

"I missed you too! When did you get here!?"

"Just now!"

I laugh, thinking this is all just a dream that i'll wake up from any second now.

Aphmau was standing, looking at all of us and laughing, still not believing it either.